[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO ??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1491281143311.jpg (224KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1491281143311.jpg
224KB, 1200x900px
I just turned 18 and this is giving me a bit of anxiety...For awhile I wanted to do computer science but I'm just not good enough at math and my mom told me to make sure it's something I wanted to do

I wanted to do photography but my brother said photographers don't make a living so now I'm just really confused at what to do, I want a STEM career but like I said MATH (pic unrelated)
>>
Find the most comfy way to support yourself, then focus on your photography till you hit grandmaster level and can make a living off it.
>>
I'm studying Comp Sci right now and my math foundation was awful. I started at a community college, taking Intermediate Algebra and worked my way up yo Differential Equations.

If you tell yourself you're bad at math, you're only holding yourself back. Just take the classes and build a solid foundation. I spent hours upon hours studying but I got through the material and got accepted into a top 10 Uni for my major.

Just pursue it and I think you will surprise yourself.
>>
What are you good at?
>>
>>18189167
I thought I was pretty good at photography but I haven't posted any photos yet
>>
>>18189153
Job isn't everything in life. Just get some degree and some job and you can still do what you like on the side
>>
>>18189298
So go into marketing. Major in statistics and minor in marketing. In your future I see a day job behind a desk in front of a computer in a clean office surrounded by white people.
>>
>>18189153
>I'm not sure what to do
Learn a trade.
People who have a trade are rarely out of work, and you will have something to fall back on.

If you want to do computer science make sure you already enjoy programming, if you can program then you should look into getting some work experience in a business and seeing if it is what you want to do.
If you can't program and want to commit to studying it with the intention of doing it as a career, you're a fucking idiot.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.