[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to quit your job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>send out a bunch of job applications
>one gets accepted
>go in for interview
>get my first job, at a hotel
>they give me my uniform t-shirt
>request to wear a longsleeve shirt under it
>they deny my request and I say "it's okay" (it's not okay)
>can't handle the open air touching my arms and constantly go to the bathroom trying to get ahold of myself, spend over 2 hours total in bathroom in 1 day
>no social skills to quit
How do I quit my job over this? I like my manager but she wouldn't understand that I don't like showing skin. I don't know how long I could maintain composure in a conversation as important as quitting.
>>
>>18188647
get a burka or some shit, claim your islam.
>>
You could just no call no show, but I wouldn't recommend it since they'll probably want their uniforms back.
>>
>>18188647
Grow up. You're going to have to do things in this life that you aren't necessarily going to like. Welcome to adulthood.
>>
>>18188647
You have to be 18 to use this site
>>
>>18188651
That would have been a good option to start with but I don't want to wear a hijab and pretend to be muslim because I see multiple people I know every day who know that I am not Muslim.

>>18188658
It's a small city, you can't just disappear, I knew my manager and some of my coworkers for years before I applied. My family knows their family, etc.

>>18188668
This is absolutely debilitating though, I can't function under these conditions
>>
>>18188710
You can't function with exposed sleeves? Use the money from your job to get a diagnosis and go on permanent disability. Or get a long sleeve uniform shirt.
>>
>>18188647
If you want to continue to be able to function at your job, you may want to seek therapy for your condition. A doctor may even classify this as a disability.

Alternatively, quit your job and find something different where you will be comfortable and happy.
>>
>>18188710
Why, are you fat, deformed, mentally ill?
>>
>>18188751
110lbs and fit. I don't like the feeling of air on my skin other than my face and hands which have hardened to deal with it. When my arms are exposed it feels like I'm being touched constantly and there's nothing to protect them.
>>
>>18188647
You're going to quit over a fucking normal uniform? Holy fucking shit this has to be b8
>>
Why not get a jacket?
>>
>>18188762
How much fucking acid are you on
>>
>>18188647
>>18188710

You are an adult. They are adults. So you solve things by talking.

1. It is clear that you can't work like this.

2. Tell your manager that you like your job and all except for the long sleeve thing.

3 Tell her that it is really important for you to wear long sleeves. You understand that they need to have a dress code, but if they can't make an exception for you, you will have to quit.

- Now it is up to them. If they allow you to wear sleeves, then fine. If she says she can't make an exception tell her that you will have to go.

Say goodbye and thank her for the opportunity, it is a shame it didn't work out but it is not personal, it is a matter of your limits.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.