[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to cope with unhappiness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: e98.jpg (5KB, 212x249px) Image search: [Google]
e98.jpg
5KB, 212x249px
>inb4 alcohol
>inb4 drugs
>>
Eat good, take supplements.
No, it's not too vague, your hormones are fucked up. Fix it, now. You have acces to a computer, do research.
>>
>>18188468
You have to tistinguish between
>happy
>normal
>unhappy / sad
and if you really want to help, you start by making thread about yourself filled with constructive criticism about what have you done, what didnt and what you even want from life.

>bee yourself
>>
currently on drugs and alcohol and feel ok
for now...
>>
>>18188468
>>18188493
>tfw when unhappy
>think if i quit drink and drugs it will get better

Not sure what to tell you.
>>
>>18188520
iktf
when I quit everything I get so down I spend days in bed, half the time asleep, half the time just floating through the river
don't want to kill myself, but don't like the life I've built
kinda work from my bed but not in love with it
>>
Work out at least 20 minutes a day. The feelings will go away and you'll feel energetic and capable, at least temporarily. Letting your body be at rest for long periods of time builds up cortisol, a stress hormone, which is lowered by excercise.
>>
>>18188468
Personally, I go with gambling and high risk sexual escapades.
>>
File: 1482125743421.jpg (53KB, 499x615px) Image search: [Google]
1482125743421.jpg
53KB, 499x615px
lifting
>>
1. Exercise
2. Volunteer. You have less time to feel unhappy when you're helping other people/animals
>>
>>18188485
How the fuck do I eat healthy? I live with my father and brother and often eat what they cook, and it's random shit. I sometimes eat out but it's hard to gauge if the meal is 'healthy'. On top of that, I probably have IBS, so I'm doubly uncertain on what the fuck I should eat. I've basically given up.
>>
Alcohol and drugs are the cause. Anyone who takes drugs should not be able to consider themselves depressed because their "depression" is a symptom of their addiction. Drugs strip away your ability to enjoy anything else because they are the most enjoyable thing possible, if you use them regularly they will become the meaning of your existence.

Depression is pretty much never a result of events in your life either, it's all health-related. Eat better food, stop masturbating, listen to positive music that makes you think, exercise, and stop using drugs.
>>
>>18188468
Assuming you're a guy, look into Testosterone Replacement Therapy. I'm just starting to learn about it but I'm reading that a lot of guys in their 20's/30's have lower T than their fathers. Something to do with T levels dropping with each generation (probably why there are so many sissy boys) and the symptoms sound convincing. Depression, mood swing, hard to build muscle, pot belly, lack of energy, etc.
I'm going to learn more first but you can go to your doctor and ask to have your T levels (hell, even bring your dad to compare yourself to if you want) to see if you can get treatments.
I've been using a few vitamin supplements, I think they've helped on top of light excercise. I don't want to have to rely on shit anti-depressants.
>>
>>18188706
I feel this. Try portion control if what they cook isn't particularly healthy. Next time you go to the grocery store, buy some vegetables and fruit you like, oatmeal (or try barley, it doesn't make a mess and tastes good), a tub of yogurt, etc. Do some homework on healthy foods.
For breakfast you can easily cook an egg, eat some yogurt mixed with granola/fruit, or make some oatmeal. For lunch and dinner, have smaller portions and eat fruit/vegetables along with it. Honestly, I just make myself a sandwich and munch on spinach or carrots in between bites.You can do the same for dinner or make a salad.
Eatthismuch is useful, it gives you random meals for your caloric needs.
Tuna salad, egg salad, etc. are pretty damn easy to make. Slap it on some bread with lettuce and there's a healthy lunch.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.