[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey folks. I have a pretty simple question. I live in a really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1489860763400m.jpg (79KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489860763400m.jpg
79KB, 576x1024px
Hey folks. I have a pretty simple question. I live in a really rural area and can't get internet outside of shitty Jewsnet. I found out that my phone's hotspot can actually work pretty well and have been using it to play games online that were previously impossible. My faggot brother who lives next door to me decided to do the same and ever since it seems like my connection has gotten worse. Is such a thing as bandwith issues between two different phone contracts when using hotspot if the two are close enough to one another? Any suggestions on speeding up my connection?
>>
I really appreciate it folks. There's always been occasional stuttering and slowdowns from time to time but recently I've just been getting disconnected pretty regularly or just having nights where it's unplayable. Could it be a server issue within the game maybe?
>>
>>18188450
Every wireless technology has one big flaw: interference.

One device? Almost ideal scenario.
Two devices on same frequency and same location? In the case of mobile internet in middle of nowhere it will cuts its quality to below half to serve both of your devices at the same time.

Solution? Buy a router, connect your pc and your brothers pc to it (preferably via ethernet cable) and use ONE PHONE to connect to internet.

That way you minimize interference and probably even speed up your shared connection.
>>
Oh, so that's why you haven't been online.

Bandwidth wise, no. No issues there. The problem may come from frequency, however. You said you live nearby one another? It's possible that the signals may be interfering.

You can actually use tinfoil to reduce the interference in this case, since your router is essentially mobile. It should in theory improve the connection.
>>
>>18188464
You wouldn't actually need a router for that.

You can use connection sharing in windows to connect to the hotspot via wifi, and then share it via ethernet directly.
>>
>>18188487
>tethering in windows + sharing connection to other clients
I wont say it is impossible, but 4 ports switch router wifi hotspot combo is so cheap and doing that in windows is so impractical and unintuitive that you have no chance to actually do it as OP.
>>
File: Windows.png (42KB, 524x697px) Image search: [Google]
Windows.png
42KB, 524x697px
>>18188507
It isn't exactly rocket surgery.
>>
Just to clarify, I set my phone near a window and connect it to my ps4. My wife and I are on 1 contract with just pur two phones. My brother is on my parents plan and lives next door.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.