[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foot in mouth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1459828187421.jpg (128KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459828187421.jpg
128KB, 1080x1080px
Ever say something to someone that just comes across wrong and doesn't really sound like what you were trying to say in the first place?

I wasn't really trying to do this, but I implied to someone that she was a diversity-obsessed Tumblrina, kinda by linking her to something I wrote and saying she'd disagree, but only about one specific thing I brought up. I'm by no means alt-right or anything, and I don't think she's obsessed with this kind of shit, so now I feel bad, because she thinks I basically just called her a crazy woman with shitty opinions.

Any idea how to apologize on this one? I already tried backpedaling but really just dug myself a deeper hole.
>>
what did u specifically say?
>>
>>18187526

Well, it was an online discussion about Marvel comics, so I basically told her "I wrote something you're probably gonna disagree with but take a look" and linked her to these next two linked posts:
>>
>>18187536
The "Tumblrverse" out there is the very vocal minority. Just like your Gamergate alt-right worshippers, they're going to shout the loudest and make all of your social media sirens blare at HQ and make you think you're in the midst of the world's greatest PR disaster, but from a sales perspective... it's really not true. So you have all of these Twitter warriors out here complaining about diversity, an overwhelming amount of white males in comics, complaining about revealing art and that people of color aren't fairly represented, and Marvel makes this huge shift to appease this vocal minority, and at first it works. You get stuff like Ms. Marvel, with a well written, appealing protagonist in Kamala Khan. You get Miles Morales, who is flawed in a lot of ways, but regardless, still sells. Maybe you create some quirky titles, like Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, or Patsy Walker aka Hellcat... they don't sell, but you're not doing any damage by putting some feelers out there and providing people with variety and heroes they can look up to in their own way.

But suddenly, at the height of your popularity among the masses since the early 1990s among your person that knows nothing about comics, you blow everything the fuck up. All in the namesake of forced diversity. Now the people who don't know jack shit about comics but love the characters from the movies are coming in to check out what they like and to get more and they have... what? Nazi Captain America? Falcon is also Captain America now? Female Thor? Hulk is dead but now there's a second, Asian Hulk? Iceman from the X-Men is gay even though he wasn't for the past 50 years? Iron Man, their biggest box office draw, is also pretty much dead and is replaced with a black teenager? That's not even all of it, just the stuff that matches popular movie characters. Why is this happening all at once?
>>
>>18187536
>>18187539

The thing is, the Twittersphere/Tumblrverse never actually bought comics. They complained like fuck, and didn't speak with their wallets - instead their money goes into the hands of Patreon funded webcomics for talentless hacks like Jeph Jacques and shit like Questionable Content, which is just a neverending pandering machine. Props to the man for playing the audience like a fiddle though, I wish I'd had the foresight.

So yeah, Marvel has now overprinted and overcreated a bunch of diverse legacy characters that should be allowed to die on the vine so the fans that have actually held the industry up can get back to reading stories about their heroes, instead of being force fed an agenda they're not paying for. The point that's going to be lost here is that comic fans aren't anti-diversity, we're just smart enough to realize when diversity isn't the genuine product. Create some original heroes that kids and marginalized fans can look up to, like Kamala Khan, and we'll speak with our wallets.
>>
>>18187536
>>18187539
>>18187544

After all of this shit she asked if I thought she just agreed with anything for the sake of diversity because she used Tumblr and occasionally posted some feminist things on Facebook and that she despises that kind of shit, and I was really just trying to say she would disagree that people on Tumblr don't spend money on shit and then I kept digging myself a hole.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.