[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like to work at McDonalds?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: photo.jpg (29KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
29KB, 900x900px
So I've got an interview for a job at McDonalds tomorrow and I'm wondering what it's like to actually work there?
>>
>>18187319

shitty. but its work. its not super social and most of the jobs tend to be taken up by foreigners or older 'lifers' so you dont have much to relate to there. its non stop work, you come home smelling like mcdonalds and feeling greasy.

but its a job.
>>
>>18187319

It really sucks, if you can speak good English, you will likely get assigned as the cashier or the window person. If you are an introvert it's heavily straining and you go home smelling like shit and feeling like it too.

But it's a job.
>>
it's as nice as your coworkers
keeps you busy, time goes by pretty quick
it's a huge company so if you want a promotion you can always move up if you throw yourself into the job

t. used to work there for like 2 years
>>
>>18187319
Around here it's actually pretty good as far as fast food work goes.
>>
>>18187398

aussie?
>>
>>18187398
I would probably say the same about it here in NZ. I don't work there (yet) but they always seem well staffed and organised as opposed to Burger King which is a complete shitshow
>>
>>18187402
Brit.

Definitely better than Burger King.
>>
I think it depends where you're from but the people I know that work there (NZ) like it fine.
>>
>>18187319
I dont know about britain. But I can tell you what its like to work at an Aussie maccas.

It all depends on the store you work at. If your store is really busy, it will be more shit.
If your store is not that busy, and you work with nice managers, its not that bad.

Doing all the tasks, is actually really easy. Its not hard work, and you pick things up really fast.
What makes the job hard though, is doing so many things at once, and really fast when it gets really busy.

The worst part was drive through, and having to not go over the timer, which was 3 minutes for an order.

Customers can be really rude though, but again depending on what maccas you work at.

I've been spat at, and thrown food at.

If you can get a better job, I would honestly highly suggest that.
Work there for now, if you have no other option and need the money, but keep actively applying for other jobs because otherwise you will just get stuck working there for years.
>>
>>18187455
Thanks mate, I'll definitely look for other jobs while I'm there.

I only applied at McDonalds because I don't have any previous work experience which puts other employers off most of the time. I'm hoping that if I work at McDs for a bit, I'll gain some experience and be able to work else where.
>>
>>18187484

a lot of entry level places may advertise wnating experience but will still hire you. you just got to go to the interviews and hope for the best.

i promise you in six months from now if you apply again they wont say 'WAIT I RECOGNIZE THIS RESUME, HE APPLIED BEFORE BUT HAD LESS EXPERIENCE, THATS AGAINST THE RULES, SO NOW WE MUST BLACK LIST HIM'

apply for anything and everything.

i never thought id get hired as a manager with virtually no experience in anything, but here i am 3 years later running a fucking business.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.