[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone help me with my application with for a job? I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: white out.jpg (413KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
white out.jpg
413KB, 900x1200px
Can anyone help me with my application with for a job? I need to write a cover letter and the prompt is pretty strict. They want

Evidence of high quality teaching.
Strong academic record.
The ability to teach a wide variety of lower-division courses.
Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Experience and / or commitment necessary to work with a diverse population.
Abilities and experience that align well with department needs such as teaching hybrid courses or modular-based courses and collaborating on innovative teaching strategies.

to be mentioned. I've seen how they grade the applications its pretty much "mark 1-5 for how much applicant address this need", "mark 1-3 for this need" and so on. So I'm trying to tailor my app to this. What I have so far is this.
I am writing to apply for the instructor position in mathematics. I am currently a master of math student at ------ and plan on graduating this coming May. During my time as a master student, I have gained valuable experience in both teaching and tutoring that will be useful as an instructor.
During my two years as a master student, I taught both algebra and pre-calculus. While I only have experience teaching below calculus, I would enjoy the opportunity to teach any class at or above calculus, especially any theory based class. Outside of teaching, my duties includes tutoring in an open lab, which offers help to all classes below calculus. Having helped students in both a classroom and lab setting I have gained familiarity with the classes offered at ---- and developed different ways to convey that content to students in both formats. Having worked in the open lab, I have encountered people from all parts of the world, from different cultural and economic backgrounds. I enjoy helping people from different cultures since it forces me to discover different methods to explain concepts.
>>
I know it sucks which is why I'm here. Also I don't have proof of strong education background, and I don't know how to put that in there, I do have a 4.0 and won a scholarship. Also the strong teaching will come from the 3 letters I'm supposed to get from people who have observed me teach.
>>
I'll bump a few times.
>>
File: down the abyss.gif (2MB, 222x400px) Image search: [Google]
down the abyss.gif
2MB, 222x400px
>>
>>18187069 any use?
I am writing to apply for the instructor position in mathematics. I am currently a master of math student at ------ and plan on graduating this coming May. During my time as a master student, I have gained valuable experience in both teaching and tutoring that will be useful as an instructor and have been observed by __ to perform to a high and consistent standard.
During my two years as a master student, I taught both algebra and pre-calculus. While I only have experience teaching below calculus, I would enjoy the opportunity to teach any class at or above calculus, especially any theory based class. Outside of teaching, my duties include tutoring in an open lab, which offers help to all classes below calculus. Having helped students in both a classroom and lab setting I have gained familiarity with the classes offered at ---- and developed different ways to convey that content to students in both formats. Having worked in the open lab, I have encountered people from all parts of the world, from different cultural and economic backgrounds. I have particularly enjoyed helping people from different cultures as it has encouraged me to discover different methods to explain concepts and allowed me to rethink how I relay information and ideas.
>>
>>18187300
I like the change to the last sentence since I do feel like I forced it a bit, and I still feel that about the sentence before that. However
> been observed by __ to perform to a high and consistent standard.
feels weird since I'll have three letters, should I just pick one person and advertise them?

thanks for the input it does help.
>>
>>18187322

and even if I don't pick one it would feel weird listing three people in that space.
>>
>>18187322
Yes you'll have three letters but they won't read them before they read your cover letter and may never read them if you don't like your cover letter.

Also you use the word "during" to start a sentence twice in a row as well as "having" gives a bad sense of de'ja'vu and makes the reader feel like they're bored and rereading the same thing again.
>>
>>18187343
Something like this? Best I can do really.

>>18187328
I am writing to apply for the instructor position in mathematics. I am currently a master of math student at ------ and will be graduating this coming May. During my time as a master student, I have gained valuable experience in both teaching and tutoring that will be useful as an instructor and have been observed by __ to perform to a high and consistent standard and __ and __ have both praised my capabilities.

In my two years as a master student, I have taught both algebra and pre-calculus. I currently have experience teaching below calculus but I would also enjoy the opportunity to teach any class at or above calculus, especially any theory based class. Outside of teaching, my duties include tutoring in an open lab, which offers help to all classes below calculus. Having helped students in both a classroom and lab setting I have gained familiarity with the classes offered at ---- and developed different ways to convey that content to students in both formats. While working in the open lab, I have had the chance to encounter people from all parts of the world, from different cultural and economic backgrounds and have had the chance to work with them and learn from them and their requirements. I have particularly enjoyed helping people from different cultures as it has encouraged me to discover different methods to explain concepts and allowed me to rethink how I relay information and ideas.
>>
>>18187372
Thats actually alot better than what I started with. It feels a little less robotic while still keeping all the main talking points. I'll tinker with
>n instructor and have been observed by __ to perform to a high and consistent standard and __ and __ have both praised my capabilities.
however. Not because this ones bad but because the people reading this will know me and I just don't talk like this and don't want to give them any wrong ideas. I will keep the idea however. You were even able to make the last two sentences feel much less forced.Thanks a lot for the help!
>>
>>18187387
Glad to help, tinker with it a bit and make sure it sounds like you and check that words aren't being repeated to much and it should be good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.