[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Damage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7164.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7164.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Hey guys
Pulling into a parking space this morning, I hit a parked car next to me. The car I hit is a newer model Jeep Wrangler. The owner told me it's going to cost $1k to fix. Does this sound like too much? She said the whole bumper needs to be replaced and the back side panel needs to be totally repainted. Any auto body ppl have advice?
>>
File: IMG_7160.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7160.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Here's another picture.
>>
Call the police and file a report and tell your insurance company. What on Earth were you told to do when you get into an accident?
>>
File: IMG_7159.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7159.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>18186732
I called my insurance. I'm deciding whether to pay out of pocket or make a claim. I just don't believe I caused $1k in damage.
>>
Depends on how much that bumper is....and where you are at (labor rates vary)

The drivers rear flare needs removed and painted.... new plastic clips circa 300

New oem bumper can easily be 600. I just changed one but can't remember exactly how much it was.

I guess there could be some rear body panel damage.... but I think you mean the flare... everything seems like it lines up ok

Tax and shit. Could be around 1k easily

t. Auto body fag
>>
>>18186748

just flat bumper jobs on cheaper sedans go about 3-5 benjis (usually keystone bumper). looks like you might have nicked the textured bumper, and you demolished the tag frame so they gotta get that. they would use an aftermarket bumper likely anyway. the flare looks like it could be sanded and buffed off, the shop would likely try that before taking the whole thing off. but yeah, it could easily be around 1k.
>>
>>18186752
This is pretty much how insurance operates, yeah.

Bumper is fine, though, and the scratches are just surface scratches. The only thing you'd be buying would be the plateholder. So if you fixed it yourself, it's like $50, lol.
>>
>>18186726
the first several posters in this thread are fucking retarded, ask /o/.
just about all of that can probably be buffed out, that person is a lying faggot
>>
Jeeps are notorious for being

>over priced
>Breaking down easily (Atleast in my area, tropical)

They're like the shitty macbook of cars.

Get them to go to two or three repair shops for quotes and get the quotes printed.

Pay the bill in person when they have the work done. It could be a scam, they might only charge $930 or $740 or some shit.

The figure of $1000 is fishy.
>>
You can't buff out scratches in that black texture.

I can Tell that flares not going to buff out to the owners satisfaction. That's a clean jeep.... and jeep owners are annoying as fuck
>>
>>18186866

>Digits confirm annoying jeep owners
>>
>>18186882
>jeep owners
>i want people to think i'm into offroading and mudding
>my jeep has never seen mud tho
>>
Just counter offer $5 to mess with the person.
>>
>>18186726
>masshole jew tells you paint scuff is a grand to fix

glad i don't live in that shitpile state
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.