[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I blocked my ex on social media even though I want her back.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0707.jpg (122KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0707.jpg
122KB, 736x736px
I blocked my ex on social media even though I want her back. We dated for five years.

Good or bad move?
>>
>>18186602

good move.
>>
File: makessense.png (193KB, 398x380px) Image search: [Google]
makessense.png
193KB, 398x380px
>>18186613
Why is that?
>>
>>18186621

because even if you want to get back with her it doens't mean you should get back with her and a full block is the best way to stop you from giving into your urges.

the same way that flushing all your heroine is a good idea even though you obviously want more heroine.
>>
Agreed that is was a good move. I had to do the same thing a few years back, and I absolutely hated having to disconnect myself from someone I was with, but it helped me with a night-and-day difference in my overall happiness and well being.
>>
I can feel it's helping me move on, but does it reduce or increase chances of her re-initiating contact?
>>
>>18186602
Out of sight, out of mind. An old saying that really holds up here. You'll feel better soon. The less you think about her the better you'll feel.
>>
>>18186651
It does nothing for her
>>
>>18186659
what does that mean though...
>>
>>18186665

it reduces. you blocked her which will 1) make her angry, and 2) make it harder for her to contact you.

if your goal is to fix things than you're going in the opposite direction. we dont recommend fixing though.
>>
>>18186671
hmmm I figured it would make it seem like I'm completely fine without her and moving on which would make her interested in what caused the change.

But either way, if it's the right thing to do I'll stick with it. I'm cutting out social media and traveling a lot soon so I figured it's the best thing to do right now. But honestly deep down I hope she reaches out. I messaged her a month ago (mistake) just sending her videos from a show I was performing at and she didn't respond. But her friends tell me she misses me and tweets about me all the time, but if she missed me she should reach out.
>>
>>18186679

>hmm i figured if i pressed X it would make her Y

humans are not the easily manipulated robots that TV sitcoms have told you they are. people are complex enough that they all react wildly differently. A girl doesn't think 'OH I DONT WANT HIM... BUT HE BLOCKED ME, WHICH MAKES ME WNAT HIM!!!'

and even if they did that would only mean they're interested in you until you return that interest. no real relationship of any length has been brought into existence with meme tier psychiatry.

>i messaged her a month ago

top kek OP, if you are only recently blocking her after more than a month of being separated than shes not even going to noticed you blocked her, nor would there be enough passion for that to make her want you back.

>if she missed me she would reach out

not true. just because someone is hungry doesn't mean they eat. just because someone is jonesing for heroine doesn't mean they shoot up. people can become stronger than their urges when they know that overcoming them is the healthier option.
>>
File: amnesiascannertruth.jpg (78KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
amnesiascannertruth.jpg
78KB, 320x320px
>>18186684

hmmm very wise words.

Yeah this would all be much simpler if I wasn't getting so many signals from her. Another reason why I'm removing her on social media. She'll constantly tweet songs I showed her, pictures of her at places we went, sent me a happy birthday text, emotional poems, "I wonder if you miss me " type shit. She's super artsy.

It has been more than a month. It's been about eight months :x I've had three gf's since we broke up, opened a tinder and slayed a bunch of girls, had a few fwbs for a while. Slowed down since the winter but now starting to date again and getting returning feelings of longing to reconcile with my ex.

What is the best thing to do going forward if I don't want to rule out getting her back? I want to move on, but I also want her back if it's what she wants. I just don't know if she wants me to contact her, or if she needs more time and will contact me or something. I've heard ex's always come back.
>>
>>18186706

>I've heard ex's always come back

except for how if you look around thats clearly not the case, ex's rarely come back.

if you want her, go make a move, tell her how you feel, ask to meet up and make your move. if she shoots you down thats okay, you got your closure and can move on.
>>
>>18186713
Ehhhh make a move on a girl who dumped me, ignored my last text and still hasn't responded three weeks later?

I dunno man. I think I should give up before I make a fool out of myself. If she wanted me to ask her out, she would have responded to my casual as fuck text.

>Hey I know you dumped me and ignored my last text last month, but do you want to meet up for a drink?

I feel like that's a terrible idea. I'd word it much better and even then it seems like a bad idea. But there's a large part of me that really wants to say fuck it and try it....how would I do this...
>>
>>18186722

>how would I do this

>i misss you, can we meet again? at (insert place you two loved to go together, preferrably a restaurant)

if she says yes, great. if she says no, three's your closure.

>make a fool of myself

its the people who are willing to make fools of themselves who end up making something great of themselves.
>>
>>18186706
>Yeah this would all be much simpler if I wasn't getting so many signals from her.
She sent you "signals" only to ignore you.

>I've heard ex's always come back.
No they don't

I think it's time to move on without her in mind. But I don't know your situation. Maybe if you ended it on good terms and both regret it. you can take up contact again if you're ready for some more heartbreak. And then actually talk about your feelings instead of playing stupid games. Making a clear table and all
>>
>>18186728
whoa just the idea of that makes me feel super uncomfortable. Probably a big sign that I should definitely not do it, doesn't feel right.

Plus I think my number is blocked on her phone and I just blocked her on social media so..

Also I've heard from so many sources and people that if you got dumped you should never tell your ex you miss them and never ask them to meet with you unless they initiate contact. So I can't really can't invest too much credit to that idea because it is very rare advice to chase your ex
>>
>>18186722
Trust me, making a fool out of yourself is better than regretting not making a move for one or two more years
>>
>>18186736

but if both parties are taking that advice then neither will initiate contact even if they want each other.
>>
>>18186731

OP situation here:

>Date for 4 years (age 18-22)
>Break up last august
>I don't contact her for thirty days, fucked a few tinder girls to get back my mojo
>I reach out to meet up
>she says she's not ready to meet up but she's down to text and talk
>We talk casually for a while
>I ask her to meet up again
>She agrees then cancels last minute
>A week later find out she's seeing a new guy
>Get really upset, post pictures of me with hot girls on social media
>she for some reason gets the idea that I was cheating on her during the relationship, no clue why
>She flips out on me and dumps her rebound guy. I tell her I never cheated on her
>See her at a party
>She gives me dirty looks
>Text her after the party asking why
>She says she just didn't want to talk to me
>Caught her staring at me multiple times during the party, especially when I was talking to girls
>Forget about her for a few months
>she tweets about me and emotional shit constantly (subtly), she still has all our vacation pictures on instagram and facebook, she's single, her friends tell me she misses me
>I reach out
>read and no response
>few weeks go by
>Still no response
>write her off and block her, book flights for vacations
>get strong urge to come to /adv/ and ask to see if even though she ignored me, should I ask her to meet up or just keep her blocked and move on because it's hopeless
>>
>>18186738
I dunno...the regret of making a fool out of yourself and then the anxiety of thinking "oh man I would have had a chance if I stayed no contact" seems much worse than sticking with the mindset of block her and move on, if she wants to talk she'll text you (I didn't block her number.)
>>
>>18186755
dubs confirms
>>
>>18186755
The only thing that prevents you from getting closure is not talking to her. If she ignores you again you know it's done
>>
>>18186777
Fuuuuck 777 those are lucky af digits. Should I do it? Did you read the story? It was a bumpy breakup
>>
>>18186777
What op is saying is he's already been ignored multiple times. What if she is planning on contacting him soon but him texting her first kills her interest?
>>
>>18186801
>Should I do it? Did you read the story? It was a bumpy breakup
Yeah I read it. The only thing that matters is that you want to know what the fuck is up because she's acting like that and you still want her after 8 months. Maybe arrange a meeting through a friend, make clear it's her last chance, but that you want to get on good terms and talk things out. otherwise you're out forever.

>>18186807
I know where you're coming from but fuck those stupid mind games of those cunts.
>>
>>18186877
>those cunts

Wew lad. Your digits are nice but I can't take advice from a woman hater. That shit's beta
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.