[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you regret leaving your first real love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: luf.png (659KB, 835x423px) Image search: [Google]
luf.png
659KB, 835x423px
Do you regret leaving your first real love?
>>
>>18186446
I'd need to have had one.
>>
Joke's on you, I'm still with her.
>>
No. We were together for eight years. Our relationship was terrible and it was impossible for the two of us to grow as people because of our past together.
>>
I regret causing her to leave me.
>>
Nah. We both grew up a bit then got back together.
>>
No, she was too stupid to know when she was wrong, never apologized for shit.
She married one of my friends and made him a pussy.
I see him and think "holy shit, that could have been me".
>>
>>18186446
>implying the people here were the ones who left the partner
>>
I regret holding onto her so long and wish I'd left her sooner
>>
>>18186591
Same here. We're working on getting back together. Live and learn guys.
>>
No. She cheated on me and I stayed far longer than I should have.

Thanks to her I learned that trust is earned and not freely given.
>>
>>18186446
Nah I got out once I realized that she never really came to me about OUR problems, she always consulted her shitty whore friends whose best interest was making her look more powerful than actually fucking giving a shit about me. (Entertainment for the masses?) It was always about winning, resorting to a higher position even though she's in the wrong. Btw by law and socially men are fucked (by fellow men too no less.) Maybe I was supposed to be more abusive, but like the movie fight club I'd be losing myself through self destruction if I really wanted to make it happen.

I stopped living in that "what if" scenario because while I was in love, she was never invested in the first place. Someone can still "earn" my trust. But can I still trust them after they get it? Can I still trust them if they give up out of love? Or are they gonna keep up the facade till they finally turn 8 years down a relationship/marriage.

In this day and age of hyper-indulgent narcissism and instant gratification I'm not sure if I can find a person who is as traditionalist as I am. It just seems like it's a dying trend.
>>
My first real love never loved me back. Thank you for the memories.
>>
I regret having that first love. It's been 10 years and I'm still scared of women
>>
She fucking left me bro, hard to regret her decision
>>
>>18186446
I had a really intense first love in high school. I would seriously do anything for this girl. We hooked up when I was 24ish, and it just wasn't the same.

I honestly think my hormone levels were so gnarly at around 16-20, that actually feeling attraction to another female like I did will never happen again.
>>
>>18188066
And to add to this- no I do not regret it. My mind was not on the important qualities of a good partner like the capacity to be a good mother, the ability to support me during hard times, and honesty.

You will probably never feel the attraction to a sexual partner like your "first love," because the rush of endorphins is never the same- like heroin.
>>
>>18186446
She left me and I don't regret it
My second love, on the other hand...
>>
>>18188066
Holy shit I relate to this ridiculously hard.

Dated a girl from the summer before my freshman year to right before highschool graduation, and then off and on for about a year and a half or so roughly after we broke up.

Can't shake the feeling that I'll never quite be that into another person in my life. Truly felt like I had found my soulmate. I dunno man. In a way I'm really impressed with how well I've done with myself since our breakup, but trying to have any sort of relationship just hasn't fucking worked. Almost frustrating. I mean I'm not even trying to find another long term relationship or anything, but any fling I've had, I just really don't feel any actual feelings towards. Hard to explain. I mean I find interest in other girls but just can't find the drive to pursue it, as if something in my brains telling me before I even try that it just won't workout like it did with my ex.

If anyone has advice on this, please help. I'm over having romantic feelings for my ex, she currently has a boyfriend, and I'm not jealous or anything, I just can't seem to find anyone else.

For reference, I'm 20 years old, have a job I love making far more than literally anyone I know personally that's my age, I'm average looking, and half 6'0, 215 pounds or so, slightly overweight but somewhat strong.
>>
There are a few days that will never leave me. The boring monotony of my day, disrupted. The second I'd laid eyes on them, my heart skipped a beat. I hadn't seen them before, and I had no idea what they were like, but the way they dressed and carried themselves... It was weird. I tried to ignore them, but they wouldn't have it, of course. That's just my luck, I suppose. They forced themselves into my secluded life. I was introverted as it was, so the throbbing of my heart, and pang of anxiety did little for my presentability. They were... unique. In a lot of ways, I would say. I came to really look up to them. There were fun times. Peaceful times. Turbulent times. Sad times. In the end, I was left questioning how much of it was real. My love was one-sided. I didn't want to become complacent, and fine with accepting things as they were. Not in regards to our relationship necessarily, but I wanted to know what made this person tick. I never really did get that chance.

It's painful to think back. To not know. To remember the times I had my heart shattered. To remember the times that I didn't care. Maybe that's who she was. I don't know.

Do I regret these memories... That is a good question.
Ultimately, I don't regret the time I spent with her. I've learned, I've grown, I've experienced. If I have any regrets, it's not doing more for them. I felt at times that I wasn't sure what to believe, so I never knew what I should be willing to give up. It's strange.
>>
Hell no I don't regret that at all
>>
>>18188119
So you write this annoying to read text about "them", who is just one person, only to say "she" at the end. This bothers me more than it should
>>
>>18188129
Good for you.
>>
Girl I lost my virginity to.. I was pretty crazy about her, major understatement too. I didn't know what to expect or how to behave/react to situations. And she didn't know how to stop simply being herself. Our compatibility hurt us both, but it didn't hurt her nearly enough, she left and was dating within a week, took me 5 years to get over her. yep.

Life is very unforgiving. And finally when you see a window of opportunity, pff..
>>
>>18186446
no, he was an abusive neckbeard that was controlling and kept trying to talk to my parents about hanging out when i told him not to. fucking horrible person, made me feel sad whenever i had a bad day
>>
>fat
>saggy tits
>bossy
>boring

Nope, I regret having a first real love
>>
I regret not being myself around him. He expected a chaste virgin, chastised anyone that didn't live up to his moral codes and berated everyone who wasn't to his pleasing. I guess i lucked out on being stronger and more resilient than him, that's why he looked up to me. I think he knows I still love him, since we parted ways I've become stronger. I regret not giving him the chance to catch up to me, so we could have really given it a chance. Maybe in the future we'll see eye to eye once more.
>>
She needed comfort and I was there. I thought she was into me. We had sex, was saving myself for marriage but in the heat of the moment was weak. Got clingy and emotional, she strung me along with false hope until she felt she had no more need of me and dumped me out of her life. I'm not bitter about it but I made some decisions during that time that I'll be experiencing the consquences of for years to come. I regret it but I learned a lot from the experience so at least some good came from it.
>>
>>18186446
I never left myself.
>>
My first love just broke up with me. I don't know how I'll get over it. I'm hoping after some space we will get back together
>>
>>18188665
Let go of her so you can move on.
>>
>>18186446
Nope! Not even after being married for 8 years. It had to happen and I am stronger for it.
>>
I'm not sure that I completely regret that I left because I felt trapped and unfulfilled, but I do regret the way it ended. I regret causing pain. I wish we could have met later in life, when I wasn't so young and stupid and could see myself being happy enough with a simple home and someone to love rather than having "bigger dreams" for myself.

I still love you. I hope you find someone who can love you the way you deserve. Sooner rather than later.
>>
>>18188665
The hope of you getting back together is exactly what's keeping you from getting together in the first place. Move on man, you've gotta realize that shit is the mental torture that you're putting on yourself rather than her doing it to you.

The better path ofc is to not even think about getting together at all. From this point on she is enemy #1 unless she wants forgiveness. But beware of the chameleon behaviour.

It's otherworldly cuz you don't know the basic rules, I'll simplify that it's a really weird power struggle once you come to understand it.
>>
Sometimes.

Initially it was exciting, although he didn't tell me a virgin before we had sex which i felt was kind of unfair to not disclose to me so naturally i felt somewhat guilted into the relationship. I also didn't know he was a religious mommas boy with a curfew so that didnt help.

He was very dramatic about certain topics. If i so much as disagreed about something he would scream and go off on me then eventually start crying really profusely.
I wasn't being mean but he'd bring something up or ask my opinion and I'd give my honest opinion and he'd explode.

I was going through a difficult time in my life and he couldn't relate.
He had a spoiled comfortable life at home and i was between living situations.
My lease came up and I was leaving a situation with horrible roomates and ended up in a worse roomate situation with a control freak that i thought was my friend.
He got mad about something my roomate did and started throwing a fit talking about confronting her and i told him he couldn't because i could lose my place to live.
The arguement elevated and when he started his crying thing again i lost it. I told him i couldn't stand him having a break down everytime i didn't agree with him and if my situation is too complicated for him he should just leave.

So he left, which i figured after we calmed down we would talk about it later. Instead, he went crying to a "friend" that left a bunch of hickies on him.
He came to get some of his things the next day and tried to call them "bruises" and that was it. It was irreparable. A few months into his new relationship he was trying to send me pics and videos of himself so i changed my number. I wondered if he had been sending someone else such things while we were together.

In retrospect, he was a waste of my time. Our beliefs were too different and he was way too over sensitive for me. Not to say i didn't learn something from the situation but it definitely fucked me up for awhile after.
>>
>>18186446
I am not sure if I have even had my first real love.

I have had 3 long term relationships. First two were about two years. My current long term relationship is going on 7 years.

The first two, I thought I loved like hell. But after we broke up, it didn't take long to get over them. And I was left with this, "Oh, maybe it wasn't love" feeling.

I absolutely love and adore my current. Everything I could ask for and going strong. Never had so much lasting chemistry with a person, honestly, not even with my same-gendered best friends. I can't even imagine him leaving. So maybe my current is my first real love... so I have no idea what our break up would be like. I'm assuming that if we break up, he'll be the one leaving me "what ifing" for a long time.
>>
>>18186446
She never said yes
>>
File: hippie.jpg (63KB, 244x400px) Image search: [Google]
hippie.jpg
63KB, 244x400px
No.

My first real love is busy living an amazing life, I'm sure. As far as I know she's happy. I haven't seen her in almost 10 years, and it's better that it stays that way. In 2nd grade, seated on the classroom floor around Halloween, when we were being told that we could wear our costumes the next day, but only if they were "appropriate"... I distinctly remember her raising her hand, and asking the teacher if it would be okay to dress as a hippie. The teacher looked confused, and said "I don't know what that is", which blew my mind... because my little 2nd-grade brain knew what a hippie was, and she was from that generation and didn't know? Seemed like bullshit to me. Anyway, for about 8 years leading up to 12th grade, I was completely friendless and alone. Spent every lunch period in the library. I had a seizure disorder I was born with, which went untreated until after high school... and a single mother who ignored me, except to scream at me. I moved quickly through the halls between classes, talking to no one. But, one day during senior year, at a particularly low point... this girl stopped me. She said "Hello" to me, and I've loved her ever since. It was a momentary interaction, it stunned me, I'm pretty sure I just said hello back, and kept walking. It's not like she would've dated me if I asked, and I wouldn't want her to. But, now she exists like a dream in my imagination... I think about her smile, that moment of kindness, and it keeps me going. I'm 27 now. I have a decent job, and I'm hoping that soon I can meet a girl half as good as her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVPDP_DEsJs
>>
File: michael.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
michael.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>18186446
I cannot regret leaving something I have never had (and most likely never will have).

I'm so fucking lonely, pls kill me
>>
>>18186446
What advice are you looking for you retarded faggot?
>>
>>18186446
i didn't leave her, she left me. it was because i was a bit immature, but mostly because i was terribly insecure to the point that it just poisoned my personality and everything i did. became a pretty shitty person desu. i don't blame her for leaving me. haven't spoken to or seen her in about four years now.

in the long run, i think it has been a good thing for me. i am a much better person now, and genuinely do like myself and have gotten my shit together to an extent that i wouldn't have thought possible before. i think i need to hit rock bottom to dispel all my delusions about myself and how i was. it was an incredibly painful process but ultimately worth it.
>>
>>18186446
Nope, things turned out amicably enough and as such it was fine.

I am quite happy where i am, romantically speaking.>>18186446
>>
>>18186446
He left me. And then stayed my best friend. Not sure how I feel desu senpai.
>>
I'm still with her
>>
No. I did love her, but we were a terrible match and kept bringing the worst out of each other. Our plans and dreams for future were also very different. I wish all the best for her and we sometimes still chat and catch up on what's happening in our lives, no hard feelings anymore. The break up was quite messy and took some time to get over but I've never once regretted it, or wanted to get back together.
>>
She left me. I honestly don't know if that was a good thing or not. We weren't going healthily together, but I tried for almost a year to fix things post breakup, and she kept considering it until she finally got suddenly engaged to another guy. I regret losing her, obviously, but I have no idea how she feels. If she's fine with things, I guess that's ok. I'll grow past missing her, and everything will be well.

I just hope she's making the choice she really wants to. She's changed so much, and it's all so sudden. I guess I don't get to know though.

I do think I'll always miss her though, even if I miss her less in the future.
>>
I regret it every day. I still miss him, but he deserves so much better than me and I wanted to give him that. I couldn't let him drown in my depression with me.
>>
>>18186446

>first real love
>some girl I met on the internet
>talked to for a year
>seems intelligent and interesting

>meet for a week at my place, a mini-vacation
>she comes down to steal my virginity specifically
>fucks like a dead fish
>I'm a virgin and I know it's not that exciting because she isn't doing anything to make it exciting

>go back to her place for a week, the trade-off of vacation
>spends no time with me
>acts like a bitch whenever I wanna do anything
>have to ask permission for everything in her house
>especially when no one's around/awake/using it
>just before I leave she fucks her first boyfriend in the other room next to mine where I could hear it

Nope, don't regret a thing.
>>
There is no love.
>>
She is the one that left me.
>>
I don't regret it but I still love him and still dream about him. I know he's happy and that's all that matters. The amount of years it has been is too pathetic to post.
>>
>>18190672
This sounds too familiar
Any chance of her being Romanian?
>>
>>18188103
It took me like two years to get over the girl I loved, and felt exactly how you feel now. I eventually did feel strongly about another girl, and I'm in my late 20s, so age is not a factor. My lust is not the same as it was for my first girlfriend, but the powerful infatuation is still there.
>>
I regret being a fucking autist who couldn't take a hint and letting her get away.
>>
Nah, I found out I was dealing with stockholm's. Now I find his personality and looks unattractive but I would never throw that in his face although my best friend did the first chance she got. If he killed himself I don't think I'd care. Glad I left.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.