[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one overcome depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1491187557190.png (247KB, 567x320px) Image search: [Google]
1491187557190.png
247KB, 567x320px
How does one overcome depression?
>>
>>18186222
I did some drugs, probably rewired my brain a little or something
>>
>>18186222
Few things. Diet and exercise. Stop categorizing yourself as being depressed. Thinking you are depressed will not help you. Accept who you are, go out and live life. Hang out with friends. Pick social hobbies. Do them often. Like once a day. Learn a new skill. Build something and achieve milestones in your life. If you can do that whether or not you have depression is irrelevant. Being unhappy is a state of mind.
>>
>>18186223
Tried adderall booze and weed. Made me feel even worse desu.
>>
>>18186222
Life is horrible, difficult, and arbitrary. Work extremely hard every day and appreciate incremental improvement in your life, while also recognizing that some things are outside of your control.

Alternatively, suffer through a few years and realize that eventually it gets slightly better, which is infinitely better than if it got worse.
>>
>>18186234
Yeah too much booze can make me go back to that mindset, and weed makes me feel crazy. I started doing DXM in college and over time it's helped my outlook on life
>>
Stop associating yourself with anything that has to do with Filthy Frank is a great start.
>>
>>18186222
Every young person is depressed these days. It's a right off passage. So just survive it, and join us in manhood when you come out the other side.
>>
>>18186222
You don't. You just bottle it up inside until it overwhelms you and you kill yourself.
>>
Everytrhing's realative. Try to spend time with friends and keep taking care of your body.
>>
>>18186222
Time. You either outlive it or it dies with you.
>>
Cant be depressed if you kill yourself
>>
>>18186222
Describe the situation you are in. What factors are causing you to be depressed?

For me it was a feeling of not being in control of my life that lead me to suicidal ideation. Graduating HS, spending time with some close friends, and limping through life for two years afterwards helped.
>>
You can overcome depression with a permanent solution.
>>
>>18186222
Buy helping random people over the Internet feel better. <3
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.