[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0409.jpg (65KB, 655x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0409.jpg
65KB, 655x552px
I'm going to a college costing around 26k a year (room and board included) And I making a mistake?
>>
>>18185694
If you are studying something that will grant you a lot of job opportunities, like I.T./computer science, then it's probably a good investment. If it's to study """"""art"""""" then maybe not so much.
>>
What are you majoring in. That's a big factor
>>
>>18185704
How is IT? Does it require good math skills?
>>18185705
I was thinking criminal justice
>>
>>18185694
Do you have any money at all saved up?
>>
>>18185724
My parents helping me, but I will be taking out a few loans

I have some money saved up, it ain't much tho, like 4K
>>
>>18185711
>criminal justice
what are you planning to do with it?
>>
>>18185760
I was planning on going into an agency like ICE or something, I looked into the requirements to join and it amsaid you need a 4 year bachelors degree
>>
>>18185711
Yes, at least in my country, studying anything about computers like I.T. has a bunch of big math subjects like calculus, algebra. They are at the beginning. Once you are done with them you forget about math mostly but they are annoying and dense.
You could say that after that you need to understand some logic but that's easier to get into than just abstract math.
>>
>>18185808
Ok, I'm US btw, I'm not too good at math, but If I get through the beginning math courses could I do well?
>>
>>18185816
Yeah I guess so. Getting a good teacher is also pretty important for math, that's probably a matter of luck mostly.
I know they say there's way more to I.T. than programming but do you know and enjoy programming? (even if it's something simple like writing some script modification for some videogame)
>>
>>18185825
>Do you know programming?
Nah, I would be going blind into it
>>
File: college costs.png (238KB, 3616x2152px) Image search: [Google]
college costs.png
238KB, 3616x2152px
>>18185768
then you're definitely wasting money, I'm a CBP officer and having a criminal justice degree doesn't actually get you any advantage in law enforcement over any other arts degree.

If the option is available to you you'd be better off going to a state school that is close enough so you can commute from home, its far more affordable. I just went and looked up some costs of the school I graduated from, look at how much more expensive it is to live on college than commute. The costs of room and board are double that of tuition, its an incredible rip off.
>>
>>18185694
1) What is your major?
2) Do you like your major?
3) Will you be working in your major?
4) Brief bio of you
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.