[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning Chinese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

>terrible at languages
>can only speak English after full education in foreign languages in school
>procrastinator
>want to learn chinese

For those who have gotten decent at Chinese, how did you get your head around it?

Obviously like most things, time invested results in better results.

But what is a good way to spend that time well?

I had a grind in Chinese and I love the teacher to bits but felt so bad seeing her clearly irrate at my shit tier language skills. Made me feel awful.

Any suggestions?
>>
I took college classes on it.

Study the material, repeat it back to you, find native speakers to talk with - in my city there is a very large asian population.

Above all you just have to be unafraid of sounding retarded speaking to others.

Assuming you're not in a class: our layout was pretty much, each week we're assigned new hanzi and have to write them out a fuck ton of times, and then a verbal and written test each week. Then once a week we met with a taiwanese woman who conducted an hour long speaking lab with us. The classes past the first year were also completely in chink
>>
>>18185619
Well I am doing night school but it isnt assesed at all so no pressure to learn.

For someone doing essentially independent learning mixed with 1 hour a week classes mixed with (I cant emphasize) mega retard language tier abilities, would you have any specifics?

For clarity I mainly want to master spoken Chinese more so than the writing. Basic then decent conversation.
>>
TEACH ME CHINESE
>>
>learning a meme language no one outside that country speaks
Kek
>>
>>18185628
So even if you have retard tier language abilities the best way to learn to speak is to talk to people. Not sure if you live in a city, but you can try approaching people in malls or try ordering in chinese. Knowing how to ask how to say other things can help. Theres a guy on youtube that calls this 'levelling up' i forget his name, but he just goes out in public and approaches people and tries striking up conversations - all the formal study in the world doesnt prepare you to speak it. If you want to understand, read/write it, you study it on paper. If you want to speak it, you go out and talk to people. Theres sadly no other way.

Since you want to master spoken, I would just slowly teach yourself new characters, and a few times a week go out to chinese markets and converse with the vendors.
>>
>>18185794
Thanks man. There is one quip though. Im an adopted chinese so while normally it wouldnt matter if a clearly non chinese/asian does it, I just feel more stupid. But thanks I will try.
>>
>>18185581
You have to write the language at the same pace you speak it.

>>18185628
Learning to write a language and learning to speak a language are not separable tasks anymore. Chinese has so many homonyms that you have to remember character patterns if you want to recognize what other people are saying.
>>
you need to live at least two years there to learn the language, at least my friend with a degree in oriental languages told me so
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.