[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression and wild spending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1426992468517.gif (911KB, 422x585px) Image search: [Google]
1426992468517.gif
911KB, 422x585px
As the title says, I have depression, and not meme "I feel sad :(((" depression. I've been diagnosed with major depression AND bipolar since literally as long as no can remember. There's a fairly decent chance that I am also schizoid, but I haven't been to a doctor to get a proper diagnosis for that since someone said I meet the symptoms.

Here's the problem: I spend money like it's going out of style on random shit, and it varies from little here little there to "oh God why did I just spend $100?" kind of shit. I don't know how to stop, either. Like, I know I need to stop, but I just don't care enough not to. However, I have other shit I need to spend money on, like getting my car inspected (which needs 4 tires to boot) and owing my parents $200.

I only make $12.85/hr, which is about 360/week after taxes, so $1440/mo. Rent is $570, electric is usually about $40, phone is $50, Internet is $90(I need to call them about it, actually), car insurance is $60, and I spend about $35 a week in gas for about $950 in bills before food and shit. That's $600/mo I'm just straight up losing to nothing, and its incredible that I can't save anything.

It's giving me anxiety thinking about the money I waste, and yet part of me doesn't even care. I just don't know what to do, /adv/. When I'm manic, I spend because fuck it, and when I'm down I spend because fuck it differently.
>>
>>18184562
What about giving your money to somebody mentally (parents?) so they hold the bank and you dont go full retard?
>>
>>18184575

There is literally no one that I would trust to handle my money because I have been burned before by people I thought I could trust.
>>
First forgive yourself. You know this is because your mental health isn't the best right now. You should still work for the solution but try to not stress about it.

Talk to professional help about it. Also make a second bank account and only have limited amount of money on the card you use for shopping. Make a day or a week budget. Try to avoid going to places where you spend a lot of money: Buy your food at the smaller grocery store.
>>
>>18184777
>talk to a professional
I don't have health insurance and therefore any sort of professional is actually just too much money.
>>
>>18184562
money management is kind of like a game, you are going after efficiency in games.
if you are, or used to be a /v/ tard, this shit will take over your mind fast, the only consequence is that it might turn you into a boring person, depending on where your wastes are.
>>
>>18185745

I can't say that I've ever been a /v/tard. I mean, I've played games for a long while, but I pretty much sucked. Like, I never had money in wow. Ever.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.