[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A close friend of mine committed suicide last week. Just need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (50KB, 448x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 448x478px
A close friend of mine committed suicide last week. Just need to talk about heavy stuff.
>>
Self bump so people see.
>>
method?
>>
>>18184299
Hanging. Really fucked me up because she always seemed so happy and was always concerned with the well being of others, it never occurred to me that he would be driven to this.
>>
>>18184317
what type of hanging?

Like a real high drop suspension hanging where the neck is broken and death is instant?

Or low suspension/asphyxia?

also was it a he or she, you said both
>>
>>18184317
That happens a lot. People don't like to open up and try to act normal around others when they're actually suffering inside. Coincidently I'm listening to a song exactly about this right now, might help you let those emotions out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnRf-5DuT3w
>>
>>18184326
I believe low suspension, considering it was done in her room. I haven't had a chance to talk to the family so I don't know all the details. This was fairly recent, it happened last Wednesday.

Also, it was a she. Sorry for confusion.
>>
>>18184331
I know that people will hide it, but there were no warning signs. No note, no giving away possessions, etc. And when I talked to her after class the day she did it, she didn't seem unusual. Not to happy, not sad, just a little tired.
>>
>>18184365
>just a little tired
When I was suicidally depressed, I remember having what I called the "death haze": this weird pressure in my head combined with complete lack of energy. I didn't look sad, just drained.
>>
File: 1466997339875.jpg (137KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1466997339875.jpg
137KB, 600x400px
>>18184353
how close were you exactly?

how old was she?
>>
>>18184326
>also was it a he or she, you said both
neither. because its bait.
he couldnt last ten minutes keeping his story straight
>>
>>18184380
>its bait.

eh lets give him the benefit of the doubt.
I dont see anything bait worthy so far.

Usually its pretty easy to spot /r9k/ and /pol/ kiddies
>>
>>18184387
>muh POL!!!11!
>>
>>18184378
I had met her at the beginning of the school year, so it had been about 7 months. However, in that one we had gotten tone pretty good friends. We were in the same English class and talked a LOT in there. It's hard to explain how close we were, but I felt like we were good friends. To put it in the simplest form imaginable, on a scale from 1 to 10 I would say we were an 8.5

As for age, she was 15
>>
>>18184396
rip underage b&

anyway, you werent that close.
youll get over it eventually
>>
>>18184396
>Obligatory underage b&
Now that that's out of the way, may I ask how the other kids in your class and the teachers have reacted?
>>
>>18184380
Or it could be the fact I'm typing from an iPhone 4s, and the screen is so old and unresponsive I missed a letter. I could give you a bunch more details, school, city, name, but you don't deserve to know that.
>>
>>18184294
>tfw no best friend to make threads about when you off yourself
Hey at least he had you as a friend. You did your best and it's all we can do.
>>
>>18184404
They were sad of course. But by the time three days had gone by they were over it for the most part. Except the teacher. She and I talked and cried together about it and she was pretty shaken up.
>>
>>18184402
But I don't think I will. It's easy to dismiss our relationship if you're a stranger, but we were actually good friends. And not in the, "oh we talk and hang out every now and then" way but there was a connection between us. Was I her best friend? No. Was I a close friend? Absolutely.
>>
I'm posting more Hammock because they are deeply therapeutic. Music is how I deal with emotions. Don't know if you're the same, but it still might help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JyHELDF_ug
>>
>>18184426
Yeah. I've been listening to her favorite songs over and over again since it happened.

Also, people like you are what I came here looking for. Not for questions or to have the legitimacy of this issue questioned. If you want to offer help, please. If you're going to judge, please leave. Thanks anon for helping me out.
>>
>>18184437
Happy to be here for you. And here, just take this full album. Almost two hours of music about the impermanence of life and how we have to hold on to the good things while also acknowledging the bad and the inevitable.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-2hUcaJw68CFOt4VDUoKMLzdcWTVQO2k
>>
File: 2017-04-03 03.51.23 am.png (62KB, 591x418px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-03 03.51.23 am.png
62KB, 591x418px
>>18184396
Yeah, OP... sometimes people kill themselves. Wat u gon do.

This kid I knew during my last year of high school killed himself just a few months ago. Pills and booze. Was it intentional? I dunno... but he ded now. 26.

I'm 27, and my lifelong best friend recently asked me to be best man at his wedding, at a particular US service academy. Should be a profound experience.

Hang in there, kid... and maybe someday you can be the guy who DIDN'T get married.
>>
>>18184460
I know there's really nothing I could've done. But it's hard to come to terms with that, I feel like there were signs I should've picked up on. She was always asking me if I was okay, I just wish I had done the same for her.
>>
>>18184475
It wasn't your fault. But now you know the signs, you will act on them.
Don't ever forget her. Talk about her whenever opportunity arrives. Pray for her.
Tell her all the things you want to say, she'll hear it.
Good luck anon
>>
>>18184475
You're too young to be able to spot the signs like that. There's nothing you could've done. Like you said, you weren't THAT close.

Don't dwell on this shit. It'll drive you insane. People are born, and then they disappear. That's life. Get used to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4tsGWdarHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwn_cm3CkoQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU
>>
File: 2017-04-03 04.31.12 am.png (109KB, 397x253px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-03 04.31.12 am.png
109KB, 397x253px
>>18184530
>she'll hear it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.