[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't believe in myself anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

When I was younger I was so full of energy. I thought I could achieve anything and I had the motivation to. I was a hard worker and I never slacked on ANYTHING.

>Fast foward a whole bunch of years.

I'm a fucking failure in life. I'm still in school and I probably peaked in literally middle school. I fucked around and tried to BS my way through high school (lmao couldn't), I went to probably the worst college I could. I lost confidence in myself somewhere near then. I'm fucking broken now. I hurt everyone who cares about me because I don't give a shit. I'm always fucking moody and I'm pretty sure I'll be NEET cuz nobody will ever hire a piece of shit like me. I've lost all faith in anything I can be. I'd end myself but that would just bring more pain to those close to me. I never should have been born but I'm not selfish enough to die. I'm stuck in life. I used to be bubbly funny smart and caring, now I'm depressed with only forced self-deprecating and dark humor that makes everyone pissed off and not want to talk to me and holy shit I feel like I'm the dumbest person I know and I hurt the people closest to me. I used to sleep by 10 and now I can't sleep before 4AM. Everything in life is a fucking struggle and apparently it just gets worse after school. Anyone have any advice on how to pick up the broken glass shards that is who I used to be? Should I take the coward's way out?
>>
>>18184035
Stop feeling sorry for yourself, set goals and do nothing until you get there, just simple ones like getting some work done or running an errand. Make those goals the only things that matter when you are doing them.
>>
>>18184035
It's called growing up, though it seems to have been particularly traumatic for you.

There is nothing wrong or unnatural about losing some of your youthful optimism, since some of that was probably unrealistic to begin with.

Growing up involves giving up some of our wilder youthful dreams, but also finding new, more realistic goals and striving for them - and finding satisfaction in meeting them.
>>
My advice... if I was in your position, I would have a couple of options. One option is to live in nature for a while. Ditch everything, sell everything, and go somewhere distant from everything. Learn to provide for yourself, such as farming or hunting. The mountains or a forest or a deserted place works best, filled with richness of rivers or of green or of scale. If you can't do that (and to be honest, it sounds scary to do), there are loads of things to find fulfillment in. The Office is a show about people being able to find happiness in one of the most mundane settings. You have not failed yet. It may seem like you have, but there are backups upon backups of things you can do in life. Never give up! Read up on farming and try to grow your own plants. Try going to a library and reading books. Don't stay cooped up in your room, it gets hella lonely. Experience the world, even if it means having to walk barefoot on the rocks sometimes.
>>
File: 54f215876530d.jpg (59KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
54f215876530d.jpg
59KB, 800x480px
>>18184515
>One option is to live in nature for a while

This is actually sound advice OP.
Surround yourself in nature for a while, a week maybe just to clear your head. Go camping or on a road trip look at what you might enjoy.
You'll find yourself relax and become more open to people.

THEN, write down your goals/ what you want from life.

Academia is largely a soul-sucking pursuit I know how it feels.

But you have to give yourself a chance to be happy.
>>
>>18184035
>pic

I feel like you should make that their problem, not yours.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.