[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long term crushes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: fucking-jenna.jpg (127KB, 948x960px) Image search: [Google]
fucking-jenna.jpg
127KB, 948x960px
Long-winded backstory incoming, will tl;dr.

I've had a crush on this girl for the past 19 months now. I met her in a class, and we've occasionally worked together in extracurricular shit since then (theatre department where we've worked on the same shows). We've never really hung out outside of these situations except the few times we're at the same party, so we barely know each other and are acquaintances at best.

I have a lot of personal shit to deal with, so I don't really have a romantic life by choice (haven't been on a date in 8 years). I've slept with 2 other girls since developing feelings for the crush, but nothing else. This crush is certainly not going to break my no-dating pledge, and just as well there is a laundry list of reasons I have not to date her if I was willing to.

However, my feelings still persist and have been pretty troubling as of late. Does anyone have any advice for how to get over these obnoxious feelings? I already keep myself pretty occupied, have a pet for companionship, exercise fairly regularly, and do all that kind of standard shit, but I'm looking for more personal insights on how to get over this kind of thing.

>tl;dr how to get over a crush of over a year and a half
>>
File: C46HKJHVMAAaXtb.jpg large.jpg (43KB, 644x445px) Image search: [Google]
C46HKJHVMAAaXtb.jpg large.jpg
43KB, 644x445px
>>
File: b10.png (425KB, 680x986px) Image search: [Google]
b10.png
425KB, 680x986px
Second bump
>>
How the fuck should I know. I'm the very opposite, my crush is probably fucking somebody else rn. Mesnwhile, I lay here alone for years. Sept my crush is only from 2 months ago.
>>
>>18183945
>I've slept with 2 other girls since developing feelings for the crush
Just kys dude. You have no loyalty to her when you should. If I learn a girl is crushing on me yet still sleeping with other people, I take that knife and twist it. Fuck their feelings.

Shit or get off the pot.
>>
>>18184825
>You have no loyalty to her when you should
Why? There's nothing to justify any loyalty when there's literally only one sided romantic feelings based on flawed, egostitical bullshit on my part.

She's dated at least one guy since we've met (to my knowledge) and I've been trying to get over my feelings for her for as long as I've had them. I don't want to have these feelings for her which is the point of the thread, but they remain despite my best efforts to get past them.
>>
>>18184857
The way you wrote it seemed to me like you didn't make a move. She doesn't owe YOU loyalty because she doesn't have a crush on you. If you don't want the crush, confess your feelings.
>>
>>18184857
>feelings based on flawed, egostitical bullshit
Wtf does this mean anyways. Just cause she doesn't want you, you're crushing? Lol so dumb.
>>
>>18184884
>If you don't want the crush, confess your feelings
I'm hesitant to do this because I don't want things to be awkward for a bit. We're actually working a show together right now. Plus, wouldn't that be just weird for people? Someone you barely talk to comes up and says they've had feelings for you for almost 2 years? That'd freak me out.

>>18184890
>Just cause she doesn't want you, you're crushing?
No. It's a weird story as to how I caught feelings for her.

We shared an acting class, and she was a freshman during her first semester. First week, I just thought she was physically attractive, because she certainly is, but I've been in class with attractive people before and it's been no big deal.

But around the 3rd week of class, our professor had us doing some kind of activity trying to teach us to be in the moment as actors. The professor said something along the lines of "In everything you do, you need to tell yourself that you're good enough with you who are to everyone else" (I don't remember exactly, but you get the gist). The girl started crying in the middle of class, saying that was something she really needed to hear lately (her family isn't highly supportive of her choice of study).

And that's when the feelings came up, because all I wanted to do was protect and nurture that kind of vulnerability and openness. I thought those traits were beautiful.

Early on, I determined that kind of rationale is more along the lines of some egotistical protection fantasy, and less the basis for healthy relationships or what have you, and that's contributed to my wanting to stop the feelings for her altogether. It's just been an elusive goal.
>>
>>18185538
>Early on, I determined that kind of rationale is more along the lines of some egotistical protection fantasy, and less the basis for healthy relationships or what have you, and that's contributed to my wanting to stop the feelings for her altogether. It's just been an elusive goal.
Man, you're a trip. Who cares how the feelings came up? Unless you think they're going to disappear if she becomes more confident, who cares?

>>18185538
>Someone you barely talk to comes up and says they've had feelings for you for almost 2 years?
Uhh, it happens. And you don't have to say you have feelings, just ask her out if you haven't. Try talking to her first. The feelings may go away if she's really too dumb for your liking.
>>
>>18183945
>I already keep myself pretty occupied, have a pet for companionship, exercise fairly regularly, and do all that kind of standard shit

Do you have actual companionship? SOmeone to talk to? Besides your pet, of course.
>>
>>18185702

Stop trying to convince him to go for her. Dude is the first dude I've seen here that actually realizes crushes are dumb. He wants to move on. Don't try to stop him.
>>
>>18185702
>Who cares how the feelings came up?
Lots of people. Spontaneous feelings that are so deep that you think about the person on an almost daily basis despite having little to no contact with them isn't exactly personally healthy.

>just ask her out if you haven't
I have no intention of dating anyone any time soon. Like I said earlier, I'm dealing with too much shit to get into dating or relationships.

>Try talking to her first
We're not total strangers. We've met up at parties and had some light conversations, as well as backstage on occasion. Hasn't really done much to change things.

>>18185712
>Do you have actual companionship?
Sort of. Not when I initially developed the crush, but it's gotten better in the time since. I don't really go out much with friends, but then again I tend to only like going out if I'm getting drunk
>>
>>18185737

Then work on some sober activities, dude. She is an outlet for you without alcohol. Try to find more.
>>
>>18185746
I'm not really a social guy in the first place. I mean I get along fine with others, can joke and flirt with the best of them, so it's not like I'm autismo. But social gatherings don't particularly interest me, honestly.
>>
>>18185757

Never said "social gatherings". I said "sober activities". Hanging out with a single guy at a park or something would let you actually talk, without the frenzy of drunk people all around.
>>
I am also interested in this discussion, have a bum OP. 12 [spoiler]years[/quote] old crush kills whatever interest on females, it is like being gay but without acting on it.
>>
>>18185772
>12 [spoiler]years[/quote] old crush

YOu mean to say you have had this crush for 12 years... right? Not that she is, you know, 12... right?
>>
>>18185767
Fair enough. I've kind of started that process pretty recently, but I don't know if you're referring to doing this kind of stuff in general or using this a means of getting the crush feelings off my chest and hoping they fall into the aether
>>
>>18185781

Both. Crushes are born from loneliness. Solving your loneliness should solve your crushes, too. Your life will improve and you'll forget about her as a bonus.
>>
>>18185777
yeah i have had this crush for twelve years.
>[/quote]
i should sleep.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.