[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voice acting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2031.jpg (71KB, 540x555px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2031.jpg
71KB, 540x555px
I don't know what I want to do in life other than voice acting, but I've no idea how to get into the industry. I can't afford a voice coach or professional lessons but I have a decent quality mic.
Need advice on how to do this shit
>>
>I don't know what I want to do in life other than voice acting
too bad, that's not a standalone job.
>>
So no hope? I don't want to work a shitty job just to make ends meet, that doesn't seem like living.
>>
I'm sure it is for morgan freeman and I believe it was for mike rowe

I constantly meet new people who say I should look into doing it myself though
>>
>>18183187
>I don't want to work a shitty job just to make ends meet
What exactly do you think actors do? 99.9% of actors in Hollywood have day jobs because the rare acting job isn't enough to make ends meet. And those 1/1000 had a day job for years before their career took off. (Or they're a producer's kid lol)

Voice acting is even harder to break into since it's dominated by less than 50 prominent actors. Most of them don't even make enough to support themselves on just that
To get into that you need to first be connected and second be an actor.

Your goal of becoming a professional voice actor isn't realistic, your goal of never having a day job is laughable.
>>
>>18183188
>I'm sure it is for morgan freeman
world famous and imminently recognizable actor morgan freeman gets paid for voice acting because he likes it and has a decent microphone and not because he's famous, you got me.
>mike rowe
the asshole who is the chief beneficiary of the discovery channel's decline into madness?
>>
>>18183187

well with that attitude you're never going to make it anywhere in life, because you at the very least need to pay your dues, and at most might have to support your self for the rest of your life while doing what you love on the side.

as the other anon mentioned, there isn't exactly a lot of voice acting roles out there. most of them are done in house by the same 50 or so people. most animated shows either feature existing celebrities who arent making enough in live action but have enough popularity to be cast in a shitty animated series (re: seth green) one of the more prominent voice actors you hear on every show, or just one of the creators.

and becuase they can change their voices so much they will often voice multiple characters.

if oyu like voice acting for voice acting, start doing your own fandubs, or sign up at the voiceactingalliance.com forum and start auditioning for other peoples stuff.

the truth is that if you arent doing this for fun, you're not going to do it at all. you dont just 'get into the industry'. every single town has dozens of guys who all think they'd make a good voice actor cuz they can change their pitch.

its honestly harder to become a voice actor outright than it is to become an actor.
>>
Alright cool just wanted to see if it was possible or not before I offed myself
>>
>>18183177
Voice acting alone isn't going to pay your bills unless you're super famous already and if you can't even be assed to google and find potential jobs, you even lack the initiative needed for non wage-slave job.
>>
>>18183229

possible? yes. but by your own admission you're not willing to actually work for it. you wernet asking if something was possible, you were asking if something could just be handed to you.
>>
Alright let me rephrase something.

I'm willing to work for it as long as they doesn't mean working a shitty day job for the rest of my life to support voice acting as a hobby rather than a job.
>>
>>18183262

then delete the thread. if there was a guarantee that putting in X amount of time would mean being able to support yourself by talking into a microphone than everyone would do it. there are no guarantees like that in life.
>>
>>18183262
Why does it have to be a shitty job?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.