[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

So I'm debating transferring from my current university (School A) to School B in my home city for next year. If I transfer to School B, I'd save a lot of money living at home and wouldn't have to take out any loans (grant money covers most of tuition). If I remain at my current school, my tuition is covered but I have to take out loans for housing. After calculating it the cost of loans would be around $15-25k and my parents would cover a lot of it. School A is slightly more prestigious and is in a "college town" while the other school is a commuter school, so it's easier to make connections at School A. The quality of education and offerings are similar they're both state schools and I want to be a teacher. I like my current school and living in the dorms but I feel homesick and am worried about debt and i'm only a freshman.

What should I do?
>>
>Racking up debt to become a teacher
>"But it'll be more fun :)"
>>
>>18182993
Yeah I know it sounds like a stupid question.
The issue though is the debt will be low/manageable and I'd be able to pay it off pretty quick if I live at home for a bit after graduation. That and I'm already here and already have some debt from the dorm (off campus costs far less money).

Basically what I'm asking is more does the distinction of a "commuter school affect the academic quality much? Also I'm concerned that I won't quite get the aid I need because I'm a transfer student. I'm not totally sure how it works. I get federal grant money and a state supplemental grant at my current school to cover 100% tuition so I don't know if I'd get the same thing at the new one. If I did though I wouldn't need to take on any debt for the next 3 years.
>>
Bump

I'm leaning towards transferring but want a second opinion.
>>
>>18183436
Transfer, stupid. You obviously get why you should.

Don't become a debt slave just because "it's more fun muh school prestige". You're going to state school either way and you could be paying $0 or be paying $5k for 3 years. You'll get the same degree with no debt.

>the debt is low/manageable
It is NOW, it won't be when you get charged interest.
You have a choice between going into tens of thousands in debt for a mid-paying field, or getting into that mid paying field with minimal debt. Just move in with your parents, suck it up, and realize you're doing yourself a favor down the line not having 7% interest loans hung around your neck.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>18184045
This, OP you have no idea the HELL of student loan debt. 4 years of possibly a bit more fun is not worth it.

>Tee hee only 15k in debt that's not so bad

You sweet, naive child. Bless your heart, but listen to the adults now.
>>
>>18184102
And he said he already racked up debt from the first year, assuming that's around 5-10k as well.

You're looking at $30-40k in debt for the "fun" school you're at or just the 5-10k you already racked up and nothing extra (not ideal, but a lot more manageable) but you still get the degree. It's a no brainer.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.