[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people still do the gender color scheme of blue for boys,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: pink n blue.jpg (9KB, 366x399px) Image search: [Google]
pink n blue.jpg
9KB, 366x399px
Do people still do the gender color scheme of blue for boys, pink for girls?

I personally never liked all the gendered shit because it leaves you unprepared, during the period of incubation for the baby, when you could be out buying shit.

When I have a child, I'm thinking of painting its room with vertical pink abd blue stripes, a doll house in the room, and a bunch of trucks with toy soldiers, just so they can do whatevr they like.

What are parents doing now-a-days /adv?
>>
>>18182530

i mean if you havent figured out the gender yet its probably too early to buy stuff anyways.

but i you want to have at it, id just aim more male than female. if a girl has a blue room thats not considered weird (and would actually be good for her regardless of gender because soft blue is considered the most calming color, helps with sleeping and whatnot.
>>
That's not good future-proofing, pink and blue together is possible to do well but pic related is gaudy as hell and very definitely childish/girly. Odds are great that as a boy gets older he won't want that color scheme, and while a girl might take longer to tire of it she'd probably want it updated by her tween or early teen years.

Pastel yellow/greens are pretty gender neutral if you want to go for a calm and soothing nursery. Or if you want to go for a nursery with more visual interest a balance of the primary colors coupled with white works really well. Both of which will age better with your child if that's to become his/her bedroom (or playroom).

>a doll house in the room, and a bunch of trucks with toy soldiers, just so they can do whatevr they like.
I would save buying toys like that for when they're older. A baby should have very specific/simplistic toys for his or her safety things that aren't sharp, things that aren't suffocation or choking hazards. When your baby is still in a nursery they aren't going to benefit from toys like that. Buying gender neutral stuffed animals, teething toys, mobiles, play mats, etc. is stupidly easy.
>>
>>18182530
Just paint the room purple, that's perfect.
>>
>>18182530
I have a better advice for you op. Dont give a fuck about what other people consider normal.

Wanna dress your boy in pink? Why not? Until you send him to public school where niggaz will bully him just because that color, there is literally no harm.

And as he gets older, he will be able to decide for himself what colors he wants.

And remember, once you buy the baby tablet with games, he wont want to play with anything else. So starts with something not digital to keep the brain developing in "classic" way.
>>
>>18182530
Instead of toys I'm going to buy my child things like nose hair clippers, nail clippers, and teeth brushes.
>>
>>18182564
This anon speaks the truth.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.