[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Study tips for brainlet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: uiJjT9DAECk.jpg (129KB, 772x474px) Image search: [Google]
uiJjT9DAECk.jpg
129KB, 772x474px
I have a hard time grasping concepts, basically, fucked up my study habits and everything related with it, as throughout high school I was doing practically nothing, my parents pressed me to get good grades, and I made my way with cheating. Somehow I managed to get into a good university by passing my exams well, but what I have recently noticed is that I am far, far away of my peers, whose grades are way better, and they do understand everything in much more rapid way.

I start to prepare for exam two weeks before, if I have to proof a theorem with lemma, I memorize it, letter by letter, being completely unable to derive it by myself. Nonetheless, everything I "learnt" is basically forgotten.

Seriously struggling with programming now, algorithms, everything. Almost regretting the fact I chose it.

Any tips?
>>
>>18182243
Don't major in something you can't do
>>
Bump, not op but I also have problems, I need techniques to retain information. And maths tips.
>>
Sleep
>>
>>18182243
I'm majoring in comp sci, and I do very well, memorizing like that is never gonna work, not only is it extremely time consuming and most people fail to memorize perfectly, you won't be able to apply the concepts, and most tests don't just ask for a list of definitions.

Not saying memorization doesn't have it's place, but you need to understand the concepts too.

The question is if you are incapable of understanding it, or you just are very behind right now, because often times later concepts employ earlier ones ,and if you don't understand the earlier ones you are fucked.

I would go to your professor's office hours and try to get him to explain to you something you don't understand, then go over what he said if you try this 4 or 5 times, and find yourself unable to make any progress, ask yourself was the professor's explanation good? Could I understand this if it was explained in a better way? And if the answer is no, to the latter, you might want to change major's.

Personally, I am able to understand concepts by reading about them, but this is a skill you might not have developed due to years of relying on cheating.

But if you can't understand by reading it's usually easier to understand from a human's explanation. (Also sometimes math textbooks can have very complicated explanations, of ideas that are not that difficult.) Regardless I would seek help, and assess whether you're incapable or if if this is the result of years of not keeping up with material. There's probably a good chance it's the latter.
>>
>>18182432
Don't listen tho this. Many of us don't have many options.

>>18183109
Don't retain, understand why it works the way it works.

>>18182243
Start from the basics, go to the library (or the internet) and try to read many books, but don't waste your time finishing reading all the books, just stick with the one you understand the most.

Also idk if it's in your level but try Khanacademy, at least for the basics.

Oh, and find a tutor or something.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.