[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20170401_232306.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170401_232306.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
The long prong from my laptop charger got stuck in my power strip. Can I reattach it or am I screwed? I can't afford to buy cord.
>>
you fitly poor retard.

Its a ground prong so you don't need it for the strip to work.
And your life isn't worth enough keep safe if you don't know that and cant even afford a laptop cable.
>>
I can't afford one for at least a week. I live in a region that won't have storms for a while. Should be ok?
>>
>>18181215
The ground connection doesn't have anything to do with storms.
Its used to ground the chases and the parts of the device that should not be under voltage. It dose nothing 99% of the time. And since most laptops and chargers are are cased in a plastic sarcophagus anyway you'd be fine for quite a while.
>>
>pull ground out of socket using pliers
>apply super glue to sides of ground (not the end, just the sides)
>insert ground into plug
>let glue set

Then you're good to go.
>>
>>18181198
The ground connector exists in case there is an electrical fault and your device becomes a conductor of electricity. Without the ground connector, the power will remain and not get dumped to ground. You get electrocuted.
https://www.thespruce.com/what-is-grounding-1152859
>>
The earliest I will have the money together to buy the new cord is the 8th. Im hoping it'll work until then. The moment I have the money and it can be ordered will be around the 8th. Just need it to truck on until then.
>>
>>18181333
That's... stupid.

First of all, it's low voltage DC after the power brick. Usually about 9-18v. GL killing yourself with that, unless you plan on shoving the plug up your ass.

The power supply doesn't technically require a ground to function, but I believe the ground helps manage static electricity.
>>
>>18181262
Fix electric connection with superglue, what could go wrong.
>>18181198
Just don't use it. Actually, middle prong is ground for those 1/10000 cases something short circuits. It would be like winning a lottery if something actually happens to your computer.
>>
Don't worry about it. It's only used to bond the transformer/rectifier.
And it's only there for electrical code reasons.
The laptop will still run perfectly fine
>>
>>18181198
That's the ground. It's not strictly necessary. Do what your dad should have done and pull it out. Continue as normal. Chances are your house doesn't have a proper ground anyway.
>>
>>18181600
Wow, I even posted a source. Believe what you want. I'm not responsible if you decide to test this.

It's not the volts that kill you, it's the amps. It only takes 1/10 of an amp to kill you.
>>
>>18182365
If it goes across your heart and precisely the wrong time maybe. You don't know shit about electricity.
>>
>>18182391
>ad hominem attack
So I take it you're willing to take that chance?
>>
>>18182674
Nigger I stick my hands in electrical cabinets for a living.
>>
>>18182738
Sure you do…
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.