[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of living if you are average? At this point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: question.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
2KB, 225x225px
What is the point of living if you are average?

At this point in time there are millions of people naturally better at any endeavor you could attempt. No matter how hard you work these people will always outperform you.

What is the point?
>>
Being average is great! No one expects the most from you, and you can easily just go by unnoticed.
>>
>>18181027

Why do you need the best for life to be worth living? Or maybe - in your logic, why would being the best at something make life worth living? You'd still just be a bag of cells on a rock floating in the universe etc. you know how it goes?
>>
>>18181027
I don't know, I'm above average. Not by a huge margin, but definitely above average.
>>
If you were average you'd be a poor little nigga in the slums of India or China.
>>
>>18181027
ehhh. i think you need to question the whole framework of ranking yourself on a scale. that's just a bizarre way to look at things. a random fixation.

try focusing on shit. like being in the moment. then less dumb, weird, thoughts will occupy your time. instead, think of how to accomplish your current goal, or fulfill your current desire, or whatever it is, and then you'll get better at shit and you won't be average anymore, if you still cared.
>>
>>18181027
Nobody is average at everything.
>>
>>18181038
Why put in effort when somebody can surpass your work in half the effort?

There is no point in doing anything if others can circumvent all the hard work and gain the rewards, while you are stuck grinding for something that will never come.
>>
>>18181068
That's where you focus on you, and the changes you can do to make yourself better. Allot of people had too work really hard to get to where they are now.
>>
>>18181068
>Why put in effort when somebody can surpass your work in half the effort?
Because sex, beer, and victory feel just as good no matter who you are. Even if you have to settle for lesser versions of all three.

>There is no point in doing anything if others can circumvent all the hard work and gain the rewards, while you are stuck grinding for something that will never come.

That's a much more specific problem, dude. Unless you're talking about like the bourgeoisie and a bunch of abstract things. That just sounds like shitty co-workers.
>>
>>18181102
>>There is no point in doing anything if others can circumvent all the hard work and gain the rewards, while you are stuck grinding for something that will never come.
>That's a much more specific problem, dude. Unless you're talking about like the bourgeoisie and a bunch of abstract things. That just sounds like shitty co-workers.

Wait i totally read that wrong. But I do feel like you have something specific in mind. What isn't coming? Happiness? Skill? Love?
>>
>>18181114
nevermind, ignore me, too much beer and stuff. video game time.
>>
>>18181114
Sport. Guys can blow you out of the water with natural talents you can't compete with.
>>
>>18181027
>>18181027
Even those who have shone in a wondrous way are quickly forgotten, and few speak of them as soon as their time is past. Who was the most famous entertainer 100 years ago? The greatest war hero? The richest man? Greatest artist? None of us know, we'll all have to look it up.

Further, what is known to create a contented, happy life (friendship, relationship, sex, family life, helping others charitably, etc.) Is totally independent of how attractive or skilled you are at something. Your mind is currently focused on all the wrong things if a good life is your goal.
>>
>>18181091
I have focused on myself and it still pales in comparison to others. Why continue to put in effort if others will always be better? I may as well kill myself.
>>
>>18181128
I'm not concerned with legacy, I'm concerned with my time here and now. Why bother doing anything when others are naturally better.
>>
>>18181132
Because as cliché as it sounds there is only one you and you are best at being you.

Stop focusing on yourself and think about how you influence others. You may not be Batman but you might make an excellent Robin.

Have you even tried wearing panties over tights?!
>>
>>18181142
Nice try. There is only one me and the world should be thankful the contamination stops there. Life is such a rigged joke.
>>
>>18181068

Hey, are you in school/university/college/etc. by any chance? Not being condescending, but if you're struggling to get Cs and Bs while so many others are getting straight As while cruising through life: You are mistaken if you think the majority of them are significantly more intelligent than you. Being good at exams is quite different from actually being good at the subject/skillset itself, and most students effectively go through subjects having learned much more about how to be good at the exams for those subjects rather than the actual depth of the subjects themselves. It took me a while to figure this out - being a not very sociable person is partly why, as I lost out on alot of the collaborating aspect (particularly collaborating with people who previously did the subjects).

Otherwise with your comment - within 100 years the best of the best humans at every subject/skill will be outperformed to an embarrassing degree by robots (provided civilisation hasn't regressed before that). I feel that undermines the value of being the best quite a bit. Also, again, the best of the best humans are still just working on things that will, in a quite short time on a universal scale, be destroyed, and they will be forgotten much, much sooner than that. If there's no point in an average skillset, where is a superior skillset any more purposeful?

And yes, there are going to be many people way better than you at anything, but there's alot of work that needs to be done in this world. Not everyone can access the best of the best people, so alot of them must settle for average joes like you, hence your skillset is still required by the human world at large.
>>
>>18181151
You just sound depressed dude.

I'm serious though, everybody has the power to matter and have worth.
>>
>>18181139
If you don't care about legacy, why do you care about being the best? That's what that line of thinking arose from.

I guess that's my bad for assuming what you wanted was a happy life, too. In any case, you don't have to do anything. You've never had to. You only have to if you want some modern creature comforts.

So free to be a vagrant, survivalist living innawoods, or commit suicide. It makes no difference to society as long as you aren't being a drain on them. That might cause a bit of resentment.
>>
I'm alive to enjoy myself. Your premise is ridiculous and your question sounds like it was asked by a machine. I'm not here to perform in the first place, let alone outperform someone else.
>>
>>18181241
How can you enjoy yourself knowing you are shit?
>>
>>18181027
the paradox of man
>different: I want to be normal!
>average: I want to be special!
>>
File: G2GXbb5.jpg (146KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
G2GXbb5.jpg
146KB, 640x1136px
>>18181027
Why do you need to be better than anyone else? If you spend time on some shit you'll eventually get good at that shit. Point of fucking average woman and having kids and living average income life sounds decent to me. BTW just by having internet and being here you're not world'saverage fag.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.