[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Passing along genes with known illnesses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1489302510126.png (333KB, 495x504px) Image search: [Google]
1489302510126.png
333KB, 495x504px
>23.
>Have an auto-immune disease.
>Depression & Anxiety.
>40% chance of your children having the auto immune disease.
>Talking about having children with my partner of 6 years.

Should I adopt instead? Should I pass on my genes because if I was diagnosed 30-40 years ago I wouldn't have made it to my 20th birthday alive. I don't know if I could live with myself seeing my children and grandchildren having my disease.

I've had to have major surgery and spent a month in the hospital after losing nearly 80 pounds. Chronic pain. Can't work.

fuck
>>
Adoption might be the best man. Talk to you significant other for sure though. Some things shouldn't be handled alone
>>
>>18180732
tough rap anon. Just remember having biological children isn't the end all be all of existence. but also remember everyone's life is fraught with something, whether your children have your disease or not there lives aren't guaranteed to be easy. What does it mean to you to have children? If it was a 100% chance they would inherit this disease would you still consider it (knowing that with some struggle its survivable)? You gotta stop thinking of it from a depressed state. try to get your mind to a slightly more objective neutral ground. I hate the act of pain comparison but maybe try imagining someone born a slave, who decided to have children knowing that they to would be born slaves. Sometimes just the prospect of continue your heritage is reason enough (or maybe for you its not). Maybe your child could bring some great good to the world, maybe even find a cure for the disease themselves. maybe modern medicine will make the disease easier to live with in the future. maybe they wont have the disease at all. there's a lot to think about OP but you cant be depressed all the time and think about it.
>>
don't be a selfish breeder, having children for your own ego, not caring if they live a good life

if you can detect the autoimmune disorder in the womb (and abort if positive) then yes, have kids

if not, don't

adoption is another barrel of shit where you often get heavily abused kids. maybe pick a sperm donor that looks like you?
>>
I'm not a doctor, but can't you like, grow the embryos in teh test tubes, test them and implant only the healthy ones? I think I've read it was possible somewhere
>>
Is there no way to select a candidate embryo in vitro based on the absence of genetic markers associated with your disease? Alternatively if there's genetic testing for trisomy 21 during pregnancy (abortion if positive), maybe it's also possible for other diseases.

Anyway if no such genetic markers exist, or if it won't work, or you live in a country with shitty unpayable Healthcare I feel sorry for you.

Adoption seems fine as long as you're not importing negros.
>>
>tfw genetic immunity to some diseases but also manic-depressive
>>
File: image.png (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
19KB, 400x400px
>>18180732
Why don't you have a brother or your dad inseminate her?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.