[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has any one ever quit a job with no back-up plan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: icant.gif (604KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
icant.gif
604KB, 320x180px
>Work at same job for 10 years
>Always gotten good reviews and stuff
>New manager comes and is a complete bully and bitch
>Suddenly starts writing me up for every little thing
>Threatens to fire me or put me to part-time a lot
>Does absolutely nothing all day but complain, gossip, and humiliate us over walkie-talkies so customers and other co-workers can hear her
>Company likes her because her fear tactics work and get them more money despite everyone complaining about her

I can't take it anymore. Has any one ever quit a job with no back-up plan? What were the results? (Also, I'm an American and our economy sucks right now - hard to find even a retail job.)

I got money in the bank, but it's not a lot. It would last me a year or maybe a little over one year. I just can't take this miserable cunt anymore.
>>
yeah i quit a job that i hated around a year ago. granted id been there for 2 months max, but it was horseshit

no back up plan, but it was so bad i had to get out of there. i had some savings i could live on for a while until i found something else

then eventually i found something else and now im good again
>>
I quit a job I was at for 7 years. I was in a management position but I kept getting more and more responsibilities without compensation. So I got fed up and just walked out one day after the owner of the company was an hour to a meeting I had scheduled with him to discuss what was going on.

I had like $30K in the bank so I wasn't too worried. I ended up taking almost a year off and blew through almost all my money going on a bender.

Anyway, I decided to go back to school and finish my degree. Before I finished a buddy offered me a job in construction and I took it cause it paid well. That job segued into my current job. Which is 100x better than the job I walked out on. I've been here for 4 years now and I'll only leave when they shut the doors. The only reason I got where I am though is because I'm one of the hardest working people you'll ever meet, and it's paid off. So my case is an exception and it involved some luck and things just falling into place at the right time. I wouldn't suggest ever leaving a job without having another one lined up. I will never do that again. I got lucky once, but it won't happen again. So get another job before you quit. Put your two weeks. Leave on good terms.
>>
Do it Anon, don't work for that bitch. You'll find another job man. What was your job and salary? You don't have to give too many details.
>>
>>18180685
> I have a money
> a years worth of savings
> I hate my job

fucking quit. Do you have debt? mouths to feed? a cute co-worker your still trying to bang? I don't see what's keeping you around. 10 years experience looks great on a resume just go to another company
>>
>>18180685
Go above his head and report this behavior to his super. Worst case scenario - you get fired because reasons, and get a new job with 10 year xp in previous. Best case - you get his job instead.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.