[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Divorce effects on well being and personality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1490978029730.jpg (45KB, 900x620px) Image search: [Google]
1490978029730.jpg
45KB, 900x620px
Mom and dad divorced when I was about 8 years old. Mom stayed at home taking care of us and dad worked for the government. He started talking with other women and eventually cheated on my mother. She suffered a lot for 4 years because he would tell her that he loved her and at the same time would fuck another woman on weekends. When dad wasn't at home, I would hear her (yes, her) scream stuff like "I am a fucking piece of SHIT" over the middle of the night multiple days a week. I remember going to her room crying asking her why she was doing that and she just said "nothing."
It took her about 5 years but she finally got over it. But not only did I grow without parents who loved each other, I grew up in an environment full of betrayal, depression and chaos.
Now, to the point. I am mentally fucked up. Have never ever had a truly close friend, gone on a date with any girl, flirted with any girl etc. I have had really heavy depression since I was 13 (I am 19 now), constant suicidal thoughts etc.
How big of a role did my parent's breakup affect me? Who do I have to blame now? Should I just cut all contact with my dad? Any tips? Thanks
>>
>how big of a role did my parent's break up affect me?

not very big at all. other people in your same circumstance come out fine. its not about what happens at you, its about how you react to it.

>who do i have to blame now?

no one but your self. my dad just up and left us for a year when i was a kid and then came back and acted like i was a bad kid for not being okay with it.

if you don't want to talk to your family for what they've done or continue to do, thats fine, but to wail about how its fucked you up in the long term is just excusing your own behaviors.

by your own logic your parents can't be responsible for what they did, because they are only a product of their own environment, so you cant hold it against them, they only made those choices cuz their parents raised them that way, and their parents raised THEM that way, and so on and so forth. you can really only ever blame the first ever life form that developed in this particular way.

grow up, affirm your self, and do what you want.
>>
>>18180345
Well seems pretty shitty that your dad kept pretending and it also seems pretty shitty that your mom wasn't strong enough to deal with it, litterally both are at fault for their breakup and only you are to blame for picking up the negativity your mom had and turn into a shitpile of depression.
Turn your life around rather than waste it on these stupid thoughts, questioning who is to blame for your own shit.

Let me ask you a question in return, what do you think your life is worth?
>>
>>18180362
I like your point but you can't deny that the environment shapes you some way or another. Of course my parent's parents affected them. Of course the environment affected them. Of course my dad lying on my mother had long term impacts on our lives. Of course you are shaped by things you can't control dude, it is extremelly naive to think otherwise.
Not sure why the grow up affirm yourself etc shit. You apparently just pictured me as a weak cunt in your head because I wrote I have depression lol.
>>
>>18180387

no i thought you were a weak cunt because instead of asking for advice on how to live your life you asked 'WHO DO I BLAME NOW?'

thats the most tumblr question in the world.

these events only impact you in the way you react to them. to say otherwise is naive when the proof is in front of you.

two people. the same situation. they both come out different.

if you're going to have an intrinsic self, don't let it be a shitty one.
>>
>>18180380
My life? I don't think it has any worth at all. I'd like to die but I don't have the courage to do so because I believe things could get better some day in the future.
>>
>>18180401
"Who do I blame" means I can blame myself too.
>>
>>18180409

then do so.
>>
>>18180401
Two people can't be in the exact same situation. It's physics an biology. Don't tell me "you know what I mean" crap because it's completely meaningless.

"Those events only impact you in the way you react to them" is as stupid as you can get, really. What the fuck is "reacting"? You apparently are implying you can react to all things as you would like when that's not the case at all. We are animals. Some reactions we can controll them, some others we can't. You are extremelly ignorant, sorry.
>>
>>18180404
So what does it really mean being worth something?

I think a person can be as much of a big shot or as much of a dimwit but in the end it means nothing if he thought he was more valueable than anyone else, he could still be trash to everyone around him.
Where is your impact on the world? What people do you impress and inspire? There is so much more you fail to see that you move with your own actions, partly because you won't see or hear about 99% but you do change something everytime.

You seem to have a shitty personality judging from how you word your OP, work on it and get a grip.
>>
>>18180450
So you apparently think a person's worth is defined by how others look at him. Interesting.
I am not here to inspire anyone or impress anyone and I find these two things highly retarded, sorry.
>>
>>18180472
You really shouldn't be surprised about how you never got close to a girl.
It's only normal to try and win someones trust and heart if you like them. I guess if you just live everyday to make yourself happy you can stay at your mom's place and jerk off everyday while being edgy on here.
>>
Get job. Invest your money. Don't get in debt. Go to social places. Get friends or just practice being social. Get tinder. Go on date and don't seem too eager cuz you've never had a girlfriend. Move out with roomates or girlfriend. Fuck your dad he put you through a lot. Reconnect with him 15 years later if you want to
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.