[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating while changing - fair or unfair?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 0OXgW6d-pratt.png (1MB, 590x705px) Image search: [Google]
0OXgW6d-pratt.png
1MB, 590x705px
I'm going through a major transformative period in my life at the moment - some which can be viewed as majorly positive, some of which can be viewed as majorly negative. I'm a recovering alcoholic that has been sober for a while now, and I've been focusing on my health/working out a lot, so I'm in the best shape of my life.

But I also quit my high-paying, high-status job and am figuring out my career path (I have offers in the pipeline), which may include moving, depending on job offers. And I don't intend to permanently quit drinking.

Is it fair of me to date someone right now, given that the person I am right now might not really be the person I am in as little as six months from now?
>>
If you're up front about the fact that you're liable to change a lot over the next few months and that person's willing to stick with you then they're probably alright.
>>
Well, relationships aren't just for sex and fun. If you're able to find a serious relationship they can help you improve as a person (or make you worse. That's the risk). If you want to reduce your drinking find someone who doesn't drink much or none at all. I say go for it but choose the person wisely.
>>
>>18180049
If you have gf already, there is no need to cut contact just because you are on self improvement journey.

If you dont have one, ask yourself if you even need / want gf now. A lot of people just want relationship without even knowing why.

Enjoy your freedom until you enroll to new job / relationship.
>>
>>18180104

I don't want to find someone that doesn't drink at all... that's not going to be conducive with my long-term lifestyle, or my friends. They'd feel uncomfortable around my friends if they didn't drink.

I'm definitely not drinking for a long time, and working on setting up a plan to be a responsible drinker, but someone who's sober would be a bad fit.

>>18180105
I'm currently talking to a few girls, which is why this is a consideration. I'm wondering if I should cut them off - they aren't really aware that just a couple of months ago, I was chunky, perpetually drunk, and all that. They're also not aware I left my job yesterday... so there's that.
>>
>>18180119
You are so indecisive. Answer this question: why do you want gf now?
>sex?
>feels?
>cuddling?
>marry children combo?
>social validation?
>boredom?
>have somebody to talk to?
>other reason?

You sound to me like you dont even want gf now. Otherwise you would be at a date already with sone qtie atm.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.