[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend and I have been together two and a half years. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: trumpjail.jpg (105KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
trumpjail.jpg
105KB, 600x360px
My boyfriend and I have been together two and a half years. I moved in with him about a year ago. We used to hang out together constantly up until late last summer. Then he started talking about politics a lot. And he was on his computer a lot more than usual. We both use 4chan, obviously I know about /pol/, I've even posted there on the random occasion. But this became almost an obsession for him. He'd sit on there for hours. He'd literally be angry, I could see it on his face. He used to spend half an hour after we'd go to bed telling me about these big conspiracies with George Soros and garbage, and about that pizzagate thing before I ever heard about it on the news. You can't tell him that any of this stuff is just nonsense because he loses it and condescendingly says shit like "Thanks, Barbara Walters".

He always seemed so open-minded to new things and kind in the past but now he seems so full of anger and paranoia. He drags into bed whenever now and just tosses and turns all night. He never initiates any kind of intimacy with me. It's come to the point that I don't approach him when he's on the computer anymore, not only because I feel the tension, but because I don't want to see the nasty things he writes, even about women.

There's been a couple of full-blown arguments about it, the more recent I actually felt intimated enough to spend a few nights at my mom's. He kept calling, finally came over, apologized and begged me to come back home. I did, under the condition that he promised that things would be different. I figured they would be since the election shit was almost over.

It hasn't gotten better. Despite an initial lull in computer use, and a single evening of sex, he's just angrier now than ever. The Russia stories just make him furious. I can't even turn on the news anymore without triggering him into some rant.

Isn't there anything I can do to help him past this garbage? Why is he so obsessed?
>>
dear femanon,
just approach him with a smile :) and cuddle him with ur perfumed hair and he'll blast the computer off the desk
>>
>>18180057
About the only thing I can tempt him away from the computer for is meals or certain TV shows, but even then he doesn't always come right away.
>>
>>18180064
u know
just act nicely and differently and he'll notice, like croon and purr him :), try to make him laugh to blow the stress away

be supportive make him feel that he's smart

all of that just for a couple of days and everything will be fine again
>>
So, he's turning something that pisses him off into a hobby. That was me last year before /pol/ got out of hand. If I was you just find something to vent out all that anger and misled hate- I personally had to take exercising, being outside of the house, and away from the computer. It works wonders- believe me. Especially if you meet face to face with people who break the stereotypes /pol/ presents.
>>
>>18180030
Sounds like he got problems way beyond /pol/ shit and needs a therapist but it's beyond unlikely that he'll be down to see one.

> I actually felt intimated enough to spend a few nights at my mom's
Uhh and you're still together with him? Clever.

>I can tempt him away from the computer for is meals or certain TV shows
What are you, his mom?
>>
> I personally had to take exercising, being outside of the house, and away from the computer. It works wonders- believe me. Especially if you meet face to face with people who break the stereotypes /pol/ presents.

this, OP. /pol/ is a hell of a drug, but it can be beat.
>>
Sit him down and have a long talk with him. Don't insult his politics. But talk about how it's taking over his life.

Addictions, of any kind, are debilitating and make you into a different person then you usually are. And it sounds like a /lol/ addiction has become deeply rooted within him.
>>
>>18180030
>American politics is making citizens less intelligent

Shocker.
>>
>>18180103
That's the thing, he used to cook sometimes, now he rarely does. His excuse is that I'm a better cook anyway. But I guess I'm also a better dish washer too, by that logic.

>>18180097
>>18180106
Getting him away from here for a while is probably good advice. Maybe I can get him to do some spring break vacation now that it's finally warming up.

>>18180113
I tried several compassionate discussions with him, he really just doesn't want to hear it, and he turns them either unpleasant or into an argument.
>>
File: 1486235055337.jpg (18KB, 350x293px) Image search: [Google]
1486235055337.jpg
18KB, 350x293px
>>18180030

0/10

There were like 5 of these /pol/ bait threads yesterday.
>>
>>18180137
How in the world are you baited by this?
>>
>>18180137
>bait
Implying it's not a realistic scenario for /pol/ fags, although a beta gf who tolerates it is a bit stretching it.
>>
>>18180153
If he'd been like that from the start then I'd agree with the beta assessment but seeing as how he just got /pol/ AIDS he might be worth saving.
>>
>>18180161
No one just gets /pol/ AIDS, it takes a certain type to take this shit serious and even from then on, a somewhat normal person would just rant about niggers, muslims and immigrants here and there, not let it affect their fucking life.
>>
>>18180164
Agreed, nobody who believes pizzagate or in the Soros boogieman is worth saving.
>>
File: 1488510120295.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1488510120295.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>18180142

>How in the world are you baited by this?

If you've spent more than 10 minutes here you would see that the "Oh no my wonderful boyfriend is transforming into a /pol/ack neckbeard" bait threads are a dime a dozen.

>>18180153

>Implying it's not a realistic scenario for /pol/ fags, although a beta gf who tolerates it is a bit stretching it.

Implying that its at all realistic for /pol/ fags to be in relationships with beta women who then subsequently come to 4chan for advice about it.

A girl who frequents 4chan, dumb enough to date a shitty /pol/ guy who also comes to /adv/ for help in her relationship?

Come on, son. Lets use our probability thinking cap on this one.
>>
File: 69838085.jpg (212KB, 500x603px) Image search: [Google]
69838085.jpg
212KB, 500x603px
>>18180173
Look at the defensiveness of this Trumptard.

Should have posted a TRIGGER WARNING for him.
>>
>>18180173
>A girl who frequents 4chan, dumb enough to date a shitty /pol/ guy who also comes to /adv/ for help in her relationship?
Seen it all. Although mostly e-relationships. It's not super likely obviously but not really out of this world unbelievable either.

Besides most bait threads are still better than the 241414^10th "how to talk to girls" thread, so who cares.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.