[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does my sister hate me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8643.jpg (52KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8643.jpg
52KB, 736x736px
Ever since i can remember i have believed my sister hated me. My parents tell stories about how "cute" i was when i would ask them why my older sister hated me.
Shes 33, im 25. Shes petite, 5'0". 115 lbs, porcelain skin, jet black hair, athletic boyish body. Im 5'6", olive skin, my whole life struggled with weight and ED from depression fluctuating between 130-180. Now average, about 145-155(still fluctuate a lot) thin waist, 36D and 40 in hips. When i was younger she made me feel like a charity case for hanging out with me, she took me out shopping for back-to-school clothes on year but when i couldnt fit into junior sizes anymore, she sped us home and told my mom all about the horrific experience she just went through with me. They sat at the dinner table talking shit on my fat ass all night.
Ive always been artistic and very adept at life-like drawings, but ultimately visual never interested me career-wise. Studied acting and english lit, did well, but didnt like the film industry and refuse to live the artists struggle. But was well-respected by my educators and peers because i was talented. My sister has always had an eye for arts too but never pursued it. Shes been tied to 3 deskjobs over past 12 yrs and is still a legal secretary even though her goal was to be a paralegal.
>>
Now i work in hospitality and since i started in 2015 ive been promoted from host(bottom of the barrel next to busser) to floor manager(about 3 positions up). Worked at the best restaurants in LA. Shes never stopped giving me shit for working in food despite it being my actual dream. I wanted to go to culinary school but my parents wouldnt let me.
Shes been in 4 dumbass relationships, all cheated on her, one was in jail for 3 of 4 years they were together. I was engaged to my first bf, didnt work out in the end, but she had cut all communication with me after i announced my engagement. In our culture, being 30 and still unmarried used to be a faux pas, not its extremely unfashionable to think that way, even in my family. Shes always tried to convince me to break up with whoever im with to "enjoy youth". One of her bfs used to hit on me and internet stalk me and when i told her she responded "its in the past i love him!!!"
We used to fight a lot growing up and would result in us not speaking for 6 months-1 year while living under the same roof. Some of her friends have cut ties with her to become friends with me. Ive always been popular just because i made myself "the jokester" as a defense mechanism for being fat, i never thought anything of it.
I cant go out without her critiquing everything about my outfit/ makeup/ hair. She devalues all of my interests, but independently pursues them later(she used to bag on me for enjoying podcasts because they were "nerdy", now shes all pseudo-intellectual and listens to "all the podcasts". She would call me a poser for enjoying rap saying she introduced it to me, but showing a kid bone thugs is like intros a kid to the beatles so fuck that lmao. She goes to concerts of all of favorite bands and rubs it in my face because i cant go/saving money.
She lashed out at me yesterday after i told her i was offered a cool job and said i hurt her and she doesnt want to hear anymore about "the life im trying to build" with my man.
>>
she just sound like a shitty person, you should stay away from shitty people, even when they're from your family.
>>
>>18179761
idk why she "hates you" from what you've said, it's a lot of example but idk why she does it.

>Some of her friends have cut ties with her to become friends with me
are you really that distant from her? You seem to see her around often yet they cut ties with her to talk to you?

But if she's always saying stuff about you, negative maybe, she must not hate you. She still cares about you at least, but she seems troubled IMO - not your fault she's like that.

I would suggest being kind to her but don't criticize her personality / how she is, I know someone like her who's in a bad mood often. Sorry
>>
I WOULD SUGGEST "self-enquiry"
>>
>>18179761
She's just jealous. She would be just as jealous if she were in your position and you were in hers.
You could talk to her about it, or just cut her out of your life. She's not going to change just because you're nice to her.
>>
Because of asian family rules i have always had to respect her opinion because shes my elder, and whenever i didnt do as she said she would bring up that i had to because shes older and wiser. I am overly sensitive, and thats what she usually makes fun of me for. I have seen her few times at family events, but every text she sends makes me want to kill myself even if i havent opened it. I have wondered if she just hates fat people too
>>
>>18179810
She seems crude and catty and you're overly sensitive.

>every text she sends makes me want to kill myself even if i havent opened it.
I know that feel
>>
>>18179810
Are you a korean immigrant family? Were either of you born here?
>>
>>18179755
>she sped us home and told my mom all about the horrific experience she just went through with me
Sounds like a joke. At least that's how I joke about my lil sis.

>refuse to live the artists struggle
Eww.

>One of her bfs used to hit on me
Ouch.

>We used to fight a lot growing up
Normal.

>and would result in us not speaking for 6 months-1 year while living under the same roof.
Holy kek. Not normal.

Either way, this is tons of unnecessary text for moderately typical behavior. As a younger kid, you basically replaced her as the only kid for the parents which had a big impact on her life, specially given that she lived a while without you. Other than that, she's clearly unhappy with her life so lashes out to the most familiar target.

Also Jesus, you do sound pretty self absorbed and overly sensitive, so I can't blame her fully.
>>
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.