[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a serious lack of introspection in my life. I used to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1490919405791.jpg (358KB, 599x902px) Image search: [Google]
1490919405791.jpg
358KB, 599x902px
I have a serious lack of introspection in my life. I used to be a thoughtful person as a teen but in my mid-20s now I feel like a shell of my former self. How do I re-learn to be introspective, that at the end of the day it is up to myself to make me happy (not a girlfriend, or booze, or fame, or whatever)?

What should I do to "find myself" again?
>>
>>18179297
frequently, be it morose, drugs can be the answer.
psychedelics are intensely introspective and will have you delving deep into your very being.
also, do other drugs and record your experience, learn about yourself and your inner workings.
>>
>>18179312
Psychedelics didn't make me contemplate shit. I was just having an exotic adventure.
And drugs in general will make you blur out your vision of self rather then help you define it.
They're ok in moderation but that's it.
>>
meditation is usually the correct answer here. Go read up on how to do it.
>>
>>18179366
That's because you didn't want to contemplate shit dumbass. If you went into the trip with the mindset of bettering yourself you would have done so. it's obvious you an exotic adventure because that's what you wanted out of it.
>>
Don't want to create another thread, but how do I meditate? There are a lot of guides, what guide should I stick to?
>>
Drugs won't help but distract you. You need to reconnect with past events in your life that helped you develop your past identity. becoming more empathetic and compassionate for others sake with a heart of service would mean people wouldn't be taking advantage of you. There must be change of heart on your part and less focus on you (Christian focus)
>>
>>18179509
meditation is really about focusing on awareness, and not the thought process reacting to it. It's allowing only perception input in, and keeping the mind quiet.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.