[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help! My boyfriend is a total woman!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ChTMiBGUYAAiqov.jpg (68KB, 600x520px) Image search: [Google]
ChTMiBGUYAAiqov.jpg
68KB, 600x520px
Looking for some relationship advice /adv/. I've been dating my boyfriend for over 4 years now, talks of marriage have come up numerous times... however I am starting to realise he is well, basically a mommys boy. He looks after me ok in practical ways, cleaning, cooking, but I financially support him despite being pretty broke myself.

I feel more and more that he is very self obsessed and emotionally fragile, like someone who was used to mommy always looking after him, so he became self obsessed, low in focus, and a bit of an sjw on top of that lol. I don't think I can possibly change him, I don't think any person can change anyone else, they have to do that for themselves. He also doesn't seem to appreciate any financial help I give him because my bank account 'will fill back up'

He is in a bout of depression right now, and the job hunt is going badly... I don't really want to break up with him at this low point, but basically my question is:

Can a man who's basically never had a proper male figure grow out of being just a spineless faggot (21)? And When is the best time to break up with someone? should I wait until after he's found work and gotten into the swing of things, or should I just do it now while he's depressed so at least he won't relapse once getting out of this bout?

I like him, he's funny, but we argue too much to the point I don't even know how to talk to him anymore (ex. I told him his support of using political violence against trump supporters was fucking retarded and he started crying and said that was tantamount to the same kind of abuse as hitting him) I'm showing him in a pour light I know ..but if I tried to make it more even I'd be even more longwinded than I am right now. Really any help would be appreciated as I have no idea what I should do.
>>
>>18179218
Have you tried talking to him? Be straight. Tell him you're getting less attracted to him and that he needs to get his shit together. Gauge his reaction and act accordingly.
>>
>>18179218
Leave him now. You are not responsible for his instability. There's no reason to prolong the inevitable. Your life is limited and time is valuable, don't waste it on broken people.
>>
>>18179218
>talks of marriage
>mommys boy

That right there is a bright red flag. I've known at least two couples whose marriage was in shambles because of constant interference by the boy's mother. One case even ended in divorce.

Mama's boys will never side with you no matter what. This will lead to further arguments and unnecessary mental stress.
An acquaintance told me they had to threaten their son in law with police complaints since he refused to listen to his wife, and was constantly egged on by his mother to ignore her.

You should decide your long term goals and act accordingly, because him being funny and constantly leeching off you isn't practical in the long run
>>
Holy shit this sounds exactly like a dude i was engaged to. I was his enabler. I got him him jobs at my own company, and when the company fell he stayed jobless. I broke up with him a year and a half ago and I hear he is still jobless and lives with his parents. Dont think waiting will change him. He needs a catalyst to start moving forward. If you love him but its becoming too much, you have to talk to him and give him a serious decision to make.
>>
As a (dead) mommy's boy at 25, doubt it. It's a mentality, not a habit. The way I think and how most babied guys do just isn't healthy; like a baby who can speak.
>"Take care of me or I'll lay here and die"
It's the worst thing you can do to a guy; you can't care for them. Thinking people should care for them makes them quit when no one does. Sure, a bunch of guys who understand no one cares about them stems into mental disorders and murder, it's what had run most of society for a long time and got us here. Who knows what this gradual pussification of men will do to future society. Maybe everything will become France.
>>
Do what normal adults do when they have an issue and fucking talk about it.

As others have alluded to, I'd chalk this mostly up to a lack of a clear male role (or roles) in modern society, not necessarily his personal situation. You have a different expectation than what he's been told women are going to expect from him, and he's not sure how to deal with it, so you get the weird, mismatched behavior.
>>
Men keep getting told Masculinity is wrong and they're bad people for being dominant (As is normal for a man) and the fact they have dicks is oppressive and bad and people wonder why they retreat to vidya, movies etc. then when they finally do come out they're like this
>>
You can't change him fundamentally, so if he was always like this, he probably always will be like this. I think there's a range of motion to how someone can change and this seems well outside of the scope. It's up to you though, the first thing to do is probably tell him how you feel, otherwise there's no chance of it ever being fixed. It might ruin the relationship but if you already felt this way it's probably for the best if it can't be improved.
>>
Hiring agency, they do the hiring for him. just gotta have a car and two forms of ID, ready to go.

Takes the work out of looking for work. He can even apply for direct deposit with the agency and watch the money rolling in.

Or, he can get a shit job that always requires laborers, like roofing, or construction.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.