[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i join the military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Murica.jpg (17KB, 284x208px) Image search: [Google]
Murica.jpg
17KB, 284x208px
I've come here today to ask a very serious question. Should i join the military?

I've weighed the risks, benefits and done some research. It seems like the most logical choice.

I'm 19, slightly overweight, virgin(duh), dropped outta highschool (fuck them normies), currently a newfag on here. My family is poor so I know I'm a burden on them. I have always been the quiet guy and i wish to be something more. I want a motorcycle and to be "that" guy. I struggle with anxiety on a daily basis, it's driven me to be a shut in. Without a college degree I'll work a minimum wage job like the rest of my family.

I fear i will never "come out of my shell". I fear the depression will overwhelm me one day and i will grow the balls to be an hero. I fear making a leap such as this is the only way.

pls anon, wut do?
>>
>>18178693
Yeah, join. I wish I did. Now im literally homeless. so hungry all the time dude. good drugs sometimes though. if this is what you aspire to then by all means dont join the military and just keep thinking youll find yourself one day. protip:you wont.
>>
>>18178693
Dude honestly, you're a pussy. I'm willing to bet your dad was never an active part of your life. Single mom raise you? Do you identify as an intp? (Probably lower on the iq spectrum) do you have a job? Anyway my point is. You've probably never had an active role model in your life to show you that despite the world being a cut throat place that it's okay to also be cut throat. You don't know how to be assertive. The military will teach you to be assertive and to have confidence in yourself. The military will teach you to own your shit. I'd guess you're real quiet. You'll feel so energized when your voice shifts from being real quiet and "non-offensive" to giving you presence in a room where there is an audience. Honestly bro what have you got to live for if the quality of your life is going to be so dependent on you not being able to assert yourself or express what you believe. The only thing I'd be worried for you if you did join is that you'll suddenly start getting noticed by women and your dumb inexperienced ass is going to fall head over heels the first time some pretty girl starts sucking your pecker. Don't be a fag. Never commit. Not till you've gotten enough experience to discern the shit from the gold. Anyway, have a good one.
>>
>>18178693
Join the military.
See the world.
Meet exotic peoples
who will try very very hard to kill you.
>>
>>18178776
Like i said, the benefits outweigh the risks.

But i do dread the thought of coming home with an amputated arm or leg...
>>
>>18178800
Join the army, get an op40 contract, get in shape before hand, go through basic, then airborne, then ranger school. You'll probably fail ranger school but still. The chances of you getting fucked up are so low, realistically the only damage you'll receive to your body is from alcohol poisoning. Prepare to hate the next 4 years of your boring life.
>>
>>18178800
Air Force/Navy seems like your choice.
>>
4 years Air Force,
Do it man, I was in your position before I left. It's a hard choice to make but you end up benefiting quite a bit.
You get paid decently well,
Get to experience all sorts of things
And you meet people from all walks of life.
Also, don't leave thinking it's going to change you. You gotta change yourself or else you'll never be happy.
>>
I did it, and couldn't recommend it more. Good pay, a purpose, pride, brotherhood, confidence, leadership, physical fitness and mental robustness. Make it into a good (operational) unit and work hard.

The only people I would not recommend it to are people who do not want to be soldiers, or who are too idle to put out.

You must also be fully aware beforehand you will deal with a lot of bullshit, and not mind too much about that.
>>
File: Miracle.jpg (106KB, 380x493px) Image search: [Google]
Miracle.jpg
106KB, 380x493px
>>18178693
Just lurk more
>>
File: received_1471376832874946.jpg (3KB, 141x148px) Image search: [Google]
received_1471376832874946.jpg
3KB, 141x148px
Currently on my 4th year of the navy. Do it, i was in a rut with drugs and school and decided to join when I was 19, the way I look at it, it'll go down one of two ways, either you're like me, and hate your time in but it'll help you realize exactly what you need to do when you get out, or you legitimately enjoy this shit and make a career out of it, either way you're in a better spot afterwards. Plus benefits and shit
>>
Look into each branch before you join because you want something that will fit you best. I'm in the coast guard and I love it. I don't have to go overseas and I still get to travel and do cool things like drug interdiction and search and rescue.
>>
>>18178693
Since you dropped out of highschool like a faggot, you need a GED. So focus on that first.
>>
>>18179474
>faapfapfap.jpg
>>18180801
Sounds interesting.
>>18180986
I've done my research but thanks anyways.

Thanks to all that posted.
Your words have wisdom have made me start considering going outside this summer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.