[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating while black?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0043.jpg (11KB, 227x227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
11KB, 227x227px
As a black male, I can honestly say that I fear dating any women really. I feel like I am not "black" enough to date black women or any other minority race of woman. I just don't have that black guy swagger that so many girls crave.

My friends say I am basically "white guy lite" which to me means why would a girl date me when she could just date a white guy and not have to worry about stigma?

My friends say if they never saw my face, they would never know that I am a black guy. I am full black too. I don't feel mulatto or look mulatto. You can blatantly tell I am full black.

What am I to do? I am 28 now and still have not managed a successful date. I am running out of time. I didn't realize just how weird dating is if you are a minority male.

Female minorities are super weird too. Like dating to a Puerto Rican girl from the Bronx and dating to a black girl from the Bronx is like night and day. It's weird. Probably a urban thing more than a race thing.
>>
Don't let society pressure you to be something you aren't. Tons of minorities go through what you're experiencing. "You're black but you don't ACT black" is just a bullshit way of saying "I think all black people should act a certain way"

The reality is that we are all different people and we don't all correspond to racial/social archetypes.

It's a corny cliché, but that doesn't mean it's not good advice: just be yourself man. Whenever people say shit like that to you, tell them you resent it. It's fucking dumb and look, it's got you feeling insecure about your skin color for no reason.

Just act however feels natural to you. Fuck people's expectations. You shouldn't let other people define your identity.
>>
Date a white-presenting black woman.
>>
>>18177474
Have you tried any online dating, OP? Lot easier to find more accepting people online, and if you spend the most of your time chatting via online text, then they'll spend a lot more time getting to know your personality (as long as you aren't trying to fake your way into a date with a cute person). Then if you click, and if you've been spending a decent amount of time chatting online (voice or not), they'll be much easier in accepting your appearance and personality not stereotypically matching.
>>
>>18177606
I tried online dating and I found it to be very dry... dry in the sense that women would never respond or say one word responses. Eh... maybe I'll try again.

My biggest issue is finding women that are single. Seems like a lot of women in their late 20s are taken.
>>
>>18177474
These days white women are lining up around the block for the BBC OP. You're in luck.
>>
>>18177474
I always assumed one nice black guy in town would find the one nice black girl and they would pair off to start a nice black family.
>>
>>18177474

This was shitty bait a week ago and its shitty bait now.

Either you're some pasty white /pol/ack who is so bored that posting the same bait thread every week is your only source of entertainment or you're an actual black guy who is so mentally and socially retarded that you actually believe this fucking meme is true; possibly assuming that you have a difficult time dating because you're black while not realizing its because you have the intellectual capability of a soggy stump.
>>
>>18177682
Yeah, I can understand with the women online feeling dry. They tend to not respond depending on what kind of message you would send out. If you would just say "Hi, my name's ____" then they probably won't respond and will be nervous to share any information or keep talking if they do respond.

Women in online dating get so many messages that looking at that kind of shit gets boring and tiring to try and get useful information out of every single guy who writes short responses. They want to be able to get a friendly feel of what you might be like without having to pry the information out of you.

Now I don't know how you would open your conversations with women, but if you spot similar interests on their profile, or even liked something cool in their profile pic that didn't relate to their body, make sure to mention it.

For instance, if they say something like sushi is their favorite food, and it's yours too. And if their favorite movie is Batman or some shit, maybe do something like "Hello, FemAnon, my name is Anon. I noticed your favorite food is sushi, it's my favorite too. It's not too easy to find someone to enjoy sushi with, maybe we could get some sushi together sometime? We can spend as much time talking about Batman as you'd like."

Sounds super cheesy, but it's often better to go the polite and somewhat informative route rather than the lacking and boring route.

You said you're 28, have you tried looking for some single women in their 30s? I know that single women in their 20s are hard to find, and most often if they are, they have kids to go along with it. But if you'd be willing to search for women in their 30s, you might find someone who's more career-focused without kids and still single. Depending on the kids or no kids thing is big for you.
>>
Also another pointer, if you are looking for a black woman who would be willing to accept you for who you are, the higher their education, the more likely they are to not care that you're not "black enough."

Possible to find black women without higher education who thinks that way, but it's a little more difficult.
>>
>>18177742
I've personally experienced the age-gap difference and it's not as bad as you might think, OP, if that's what's turning you away from it. Currently I'm engaged to someone who's almost ten years older than me and I'm in my mid 20s.
>>
Or just do what I'm planning and kill yourself
>>
File: tmp_9133-1491036303299-43847712.png (36KB, 768x586px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9133-1491036303299-43847712.png
36KB, 768x586px
I feel ya bro, but you aren't going to get any actual advice on this site
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.