[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I being annoying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1348689909581.gif (956KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
1348689909581.gif
956KB, 300x232px
Alcoholic that's been alcohol free for about a month here. I feel like I bring up that I've been sober pretty damn frequently when I'm around people, but that's because it's on my goddamned mind every second that I'd love a drink, and partially because I guess I want people to congratulate me or something.

Is it understandable and tolerable this early on, or should I shut the fuck up?
>>
>>18177338
>partially because I guess I want people to congratulate me or something
Yes, you're being annoying
>>
>>18177338

It's probably irritating, but if it's helping you it's also acceptable.
>>
>>18177338
I dunno. I found when I stop smoking people are like

"Oh you're stopping smoking?!" and it keeps going "oh you remember when you smoked!" and it makes you smoke again. They want you to smoke! "he's fucking smoking that cunt."

it's best noty to say anything. I think. the bloke that stopped smoking 60 a day then died said not to suppress it, but I think you should not say anything and have a juice.
>>
Possibly, but it's for a good reason.

You're looking for social reinforcement to keep you away from going back to drinking. Explain this to people explicitly (or in a joking manner, depending on context) so they understand. Good peeps will keep you on task.
>>
>>18177338
Anyone that really cares about you will understand. Everyone else can go fuck themselves anyways. Just do whatever works for you.
>>
File: 1476928639974.jpg (153KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1476928639974.jpg
153KB, 960x540px
>>18177338

>Is it understandable and tolerable this early on, or should I shut the fuck up?

No one wants to talk about someone else's problems constantly day in and day out. Its perfectly fine to bring it up and discuss it but when ever conversation you have always becomes about you and your alcoholism the people around you will get tired very quickly.
>>
>>18177338
I tell people I'm on a no-booze-month (once a year) so I can't backtrack because I'll look like a weak willed faggot.

Then I shut up about it though.
>>
>>18177338
I have been alcohol free for a month as well. But I consider myself a binge drinker not an alcoholic. If you want to talk about how long you've been sober go to an AA meeting. But you are probably equally annoying as when people tell you about how much they partied on a Saturday night and give you the drink by drink recap.
>>
>>18177858

AA doesn't work for me but that's another thread entirely.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.