[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I doing with my life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

This is going go be a TL;DR

Part 1 -

Moved out to the West Coast for 8 years with my mother when I was 11. It started out good but over time I went from Social-Butterfly to Brown-Recluse (with the help of a couple incidents and games). Had a lot of issues with high school like ditching and skipping to play video games. Had a decent amount of friends I met from playing TCGs though. I lived there for 8 years and only the last 1.5 years were enjoyable. Then I moved back to the East coast with my mother again. Now it has been 5 years since I have been back on the East Coast and literally nothing has changed. I still live with my mother and now grandma, I still waste time playing video games and I still do nothing productive. Didn't get my first job until I was 20, and the longest I've held a job has been 18 months. I was planning on moving out by the end of 2016 (would have had at least $9,000 saved up) but got fired from my job 7 days into 2016 and it took me 5 months to find another job and I refused to go back to Fast Food. So I ended up burning through what I had until I found a part-time job but they only give me like 15 hours a week max. Finally found a second part-time job and they promised 30 hours a week. That lasted for about 4 weeks and I was dropped down to 15ish and then just recently they have had me off the schedule for 3 weeks due to "budget" issues.
>>
>>18176959
Part 2 -

So within the past 6 months I realized just how much I was wasting my life and how lonely I was. I don't really have a clue on what I want to do in my life. I say I want to do something with Computers so I started studying for the Comptia A+ certs on Cybrary. However I am half-assing it because I'm not even sure I am passionate about it. I picked up drawing and it has been about a year ago now since I started it but once again I half-assed it. I do workout, I like to go for walks along the river and I like hiking. However I really need to break my addiction to Twitch streams. I waste more time watching/listening to Twitch streams than actually playing games these days. I have only one friend who I've known for 18 years but we don't really talk much anymore and I have only seen him once in person in the past 10 years. I have acquaintances at work and a few gym buddies. It really hit me about 6 months ago though. Basically my little cousins came in from out of town and for the longest time I was trying to see them. After trying to get a time frame to where I can spend time with them it had been like 3 months. So I was super excited to see them. They came over for 4 days and I had a great time with them. My quiet room was filled with the girl's non-stop yapping and the boy playing COD. Then I took them back to their dads and I didn't make it down to the end of the street before I started tearing up. Pretty much had tears running down my face the entire drive back home. Then when I walked into my room and opened the door I felt how solitary my room actually was. It was extremely painful to just sit in my room and do anything because of how quiet it was. Family told it me was time that I finally realized how lonely I was and that I should get out and do things. My grandma offered to pay for a couple of college classes but I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do. So now I am studying for Comptia A+ cert.
>>
>>18176963

Part 3 -

I just started getting into dating. Been with two girls, granted only went on 4 dates with one and 2 with the other. First girl I believe faded on me because even though we really liked each other we had no ALONE time for us. Due to her situation that she had with her landlord, she couldn't have guys over. Due to my situation of living with my mother and grandma, there was ALWAYS someone home. We would have fucked but I got cock-blocked by my mother coming home and knocking on my door. The girl got nervous even though we continued making out but she didn't want to go further because my mother was home. Second girl, long story short, was just too much of an age difference and her parents didn't approve. However the main thing was comparing how much they actually did in their life compared to mine. First girl worked two jobs, volunteered for a preschool and tutored kids after school a few days a week. Second girl was studying for two majors in college and volunteered for an elementary school two days a week. And here I am "working" two jobs and watching twitch streams while half assing to study for a cert.

What the fuck do I do to "get out there"? I tried finding some meetups but it seems like no one in anything I am interested in actually goes to any of them. Example being "Event on X day 1 person showed up (out of 150 people in the group)".
>>
life sucks doesnt it
>>
>>18177008
Tell me about it.
>>
im finding myself in a pretty huge depression too. And i live alone, have a good job. All that shit for which you are looking. Use your job to fund and fuel your passions. Sucks we need to work like 5/7 days, thats like, 67 percent of our lives. But its the world we live in. What are you passionate about? And nothing is a perfectly fine answer.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.