[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I drop out of uni

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

So I've been in uni for 5 years now. I'm 28 years old.

The first 3 years I started out strong and made straight A's, but I went on a downward spiral and for the last 2 years I haven't passed a class. I never went to class and just totally stopped trying. Never doing homework, not even showing up for tests, et cetera.

My major was electrical engineering and they kicked me out for failing a class too many times. I also lost my financial aid, but I haven't been kicked out of the university entirely yet because my GPA is still good enough to attend (2.3)

Now I'm stuck in this weird loop where I will enroll for a class or two, work all semester to pay off the tuition, and then fail the class because I never did any work. I don't know how to get out of this cycle.

Additionally, my job is at the university, and I can only keep working if I am a student.

But uni is expensive as fuck. For just two classes it's like $3,000, and since I can't pay it off all at once, they constantly charge me late fees. I just went to make a $400 payment and it's like it didn't even count because I had $400 in late fees. I finally had a moment where I realized what a huge waste of money this is. It's like I'm paying all this money just to stay in this uni environment because I don't know what else to do.

Technically I can try and get back into the engineering college but it's a long shot. I would need to take a full load and have a really great semester, and even then it's dicey. I just can't afford this shit but I don't know what else to do. I'm also old as fuck and my life is getting really pathetic.
>>
>>18176379
Why don't you do the class work?
>>
>>18176382

I honestly don't know.
Usually I get off to a bad start because of enrollment issues (enrolling late, making payments) and after started with a few homework zeroes, it goes from "Ah I'll just skip homework credit" to "ah I'll just study the night before the midterm" to "Ah I'll just get a 100 on the final"
I totally understand how utterly retarded this is but it just seems to happen every time. I have no discipline I guess. It's guess it's hard for me to care again after failing for so long and being in the same classes over and over again.
>>
>>18176382
He's a lazy nigger.
>>
>>18176382

Also I have a lot of stuff I always try to do on the side (getting /fit/, learning languages, reading, getting my life together) and so the time just seems to slip away.

This isn't as pretentious as it sounds because I've made real improvements since I burned out a couple years ago. I totally stopped drinking and I'm in the best shape of my life. But it just seems like there isn't enough time in the day and for some reason I always seem to put school last. It never seems that important to me until I've already fucked up.
>>
>>18176379
Even if you bomb I'm sure you have a fair list of mental tools the uni has given you - you're better off for the education.

If it comes down to it you could ground yourself elsewhere for awhile, and then see if you can get credits for coursework done at another institution. One with a slower stream you can stay on top of.

Also, 28 isn't old af.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.