[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I pursue my fantasies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: zg2uTJwr.png (963KB, 1440x1015px) Image search: [Google]
zg2uTJwr.png
963KB, 1440x1015px
I live in a fairly rural area of the UK where's there's virtually nothing to do and few people my age. I go to a uni that's in a grey city with little culture. Most of the students seem very business-like and alternate exclusively between getting drunk and studying. I haven't been able to connect to anyone here and have no friends (I had plenty at school...). The people I get along with aren't my type and I secretly don't like them much.

I constantly think of how the grass is greener elsewhere. How I could be living a more interesting life with people my age. In particular I usually think about Canada and the US Pacific Northwest as places that look interesting (strong youth culture, good balance between nature and city, cities not too big, etc.). I often think of how more interesting the people will be there.

I know I'm probably kidding myself and, even if by some means (I have no idea how) I was able to move there, I would probably have the same problems. But there is a part of me that wants to believe and wants to do something about it.

Is is worth it? Or does the grass just look greener?
>>
how much money do you have to spend? educaiton in america is fucking expensive.

If you are kind of extroverted, which you sound like from having lot's of friends, maybe learning a new language and living abroad might lift you up. Try the northern countries, denmark, sweden, latvia. Or the eastern europeans, where there is still a conservative culture.
Germany has lot's of job offers aswell and is quite good with english aswell.
>>
>>18176303
Thanks! I have virtually no money, I would like to finish my degree in the UK (which is the financially best option now). Although maybe I could do an MA abroad.

I think about Scandinavia a lot too - they sound sort of cool, although I don't know as much about the people and culture.

I must say I'm not extroverted - I'm pretty introverted. I was just able to get lucky in school.
>>
Are you in Aberdeen? Grey city sounds familiar

If you are... I'm coming there in 4 months so maybe we can do drugs together
>>
I moved to Japan from the UK myself, it was the right decision

I alternate exclusively between being a weeb and working/studying
>>
As Burroughs said:
"Leap, and the net will appear."

Often it's the prompting of our hearts that guides us right. And if it turns out you "regret it", you have one hell of a story to tell and you're wiser because of it.
>>
>>18176356
Sadly not, Southampton.

>>18176366
Hmm interesting. I always liked Japan but I don't know enough about the culture or language. But fair play to you. What's better and what's worse?

>>18176370
Good attitude. I've been too cautious with life up until now. And I have my parents of things get terrible- at least to live with.
>>
>>18176253
Anyone have any experience moving to the US/Canada like this? Especially a deadbeat like me with no real planned career path and a degree in history.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.