[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice on how to get a job with no previous work experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 5oWt49uyofUys.gif (1MB, 245x182px) Image search: [Google]
5oWt49uyofUys.gif
1MB, 245x182px
Any advice on how to get a job with no previous work experience?
>>
Make up shit on ur resume
>>
Get skilled in an in-demand field.
Kind of gig where they'll hire you so long as you're still warm and your qualifications aren't expired.

Protip: that means healthcare. Baby boomers be getting old.
>>
>>18175631
>no experience
Tough shit, you made the mistake of not getting experience in your teenage years.

Either go back to college or fuck off and get a job you lazy fuck.
>>
>>18175631
People like you work at McDonald's or Walmart. Don't set your expectations too high for your job. You won't get a job you like (but that's subjective) the first time around.
>>
>>18175631
The answer is spelled work ethic.
Get an entry level shit job, be better and smarter then every one. Get some more responsibility. Make up some story of how you've developed work ethic, get better job based on previous responsibility...
>>
>>18175764
>>18175739

A combination of these two. Get ANY job you can and think of it as your first step on the ladder. Use it to learn how to work and to have something to put on your application for your second job.

It's with the second or third job that you begin to think about a career
>>
>>18175631

I managed to break the cycle by getting a volunteer job for a couple months. Then I used that to get a menial ass night shift shelf-stocking job. I then used that to get a callcentre job. Once I finish uni, these experiences will prime me to get a job in my chosen field (IS). I will then keep upskilling and leapfrogging my way to management and leadership positions, hopefully breaking 6 figures some day.

So basically, do anything that will look good on your CV. Volunteer jobs should be easier to get into due to no money. But you should realize that the experience and reference are invaluable as a starting tool.

Good luck!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.