[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-college existential crisis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Man in suit in bathtub.jpg (132KB, 1074x716px) Image search: [Google]
Man in suit in bathtub.jpg
132KB, 1074x716px
I'm in a job I don't like and I'm applying every few days to new jobs, I drive an hour to get to work every day, living at home with my mom while I save up money. I haven't bought an apartment closer to work because I don't want to commit myself financially to a job I don't like. My maternal grandmother just died and my mom's not doing the best, I'm not afraid she's going to hurt herself, but she's not in a good emotional place. I'm dealing with aching sadness. My dad's also dead and even though it's been a few years I miss him a lot.

I have the persistent feeling ever since my grandma died that "I need to get the fuck out this state". I've never had a girlfriend and I'm a virgin at 23. I also recently stopped believing in God and haven't told anyone. I really wished I believed in God (specifically Christianity) because it's such a nice ideology but I just don't believe anymore.

Given all that, what should I do?
>>
>>18175354
You expected life to be easy. Sorry to hear about your father.
>>
>>18175354

God OP, I'm really sorry. Some of the stuff you wrote resonated with me in all the worst ways, but it might help to know you're not alone

Have you considered seeing a psych? Or at least having a friend you can tell all this too, it might help
>>
>>18175447
>Have you considered seeing a psych?

My mom would legit freak out and anyways, what would I tell them? How would I avoid coming across as another entitled young man who "expected life to be easy"?

>>18175440

What do you mean?
>>
wow, thats rough. I know a few people who really should move out but are tied to their parents who are in poor health/old. no matter how much love there is there's always that tinge of resentment in the relationship. however, having moved out and being in debt from school, rent is the fucking worst expense. i would always recommend living at home until you really cant stand it anymore.
however there are people who get away with moving out if its a reasonable distance from home, and if u can afford a part time caregiver, but its expensive.
Takes a lot of emotional strength to go thru that...
>>
>>18175354
apply to jobs out of state, if they accept you, move there. it sounds like you hate your job bc of the state youre in. (no pun intended)
>>
>>18175517

I've got a good relationship with my mom, it's just that the stress and grief and persistent feeling like a failure because of my income vs my degree and my being a virgin at 23 and the fact that I still live at home with my mom at 23 is starting to get to me. I feel like my grandmother dying (she was my last grandparent) is tipping things over for me.

Should I just start attending a youth-oriented church in order to get some sort of spiritual fulfillment and avoid social isolation?
>>
>>18175354
Sounds like you need to get away from your family (once your mom is ok) and have some actual fun. Move in with a crazy party person and learn how to get laid, go on benders, recreate fear and loathing. That sorta thing.
>>
>>18175447
>Or at least having a friend you can tell all this too
this is a good way to lose all your friends
no one wants to hear it
it's what happened to me too

>>18175653
>adopt a self-destructive lifestyle so that you squander everything you've worked hard to build!
DIEEE
>>
>>18175683
>DIEEE
go fuck yourself teetotaler
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.