[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be weird asking someone I work with out? Even though

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Would it be weird asking someone I work with out? Even though they work in a different department and have very little interaction?

Backstory, a couple months ago, we had a summit where my boss introduced me to a girl. She was extremely attractive, but I was semidating someone at the time so I wasn't too interested. We talked for a bit, then went on our ways. I found out she would be moving to my our offices and I think she just recently came. Yesterday, I asked my boss where HR sits as they used to sit by us. She then said if you have any questions, message the girl. I never said I had a question, but she went right to that.

I plan on sending her a message tomorrow, as I actually have an HR related question.

As stated above, would it be weird to ask her out? I need to find out if she is dating anyone first.
>>
I thought inter-work relationships were illegal.
I knew this dude who got shot over flirting with this girl at the coffee machine.
>>
>>18175291

>Would it be weird asking someone I work with out? Even though they work in a different department and have very little interaction?

If you don't really care about the job and you can afford to bounce out if things get weird then go for it. Toss away jobs are great opportunities to socialize and interact with women that you typically wouldn't.

If this is actually an important job to you then don't shit where you eat. Even if she ends up liking you and going out a few times if this fizzles out badly or she turns out to be batshit insane then you've pretty much just nuked your own job in exchange for a few dates.
>>
>>18175291
I tried it once, I imagine if it works it would be great but just know that failure will make shit rather awful.
If I could do it again I'd just kept to myself
>>
well, dont think anything of it until something happens. if u guys fall in love or whatever, deal with that later. With her being in HR, she may deny u for the job.
My current bf i met at work, and it was totally shitty like clash of the jealous titans, and hiding it is annoying because you'll wanna carpool and take breaks together... we both quit the place for unrelated reasons, and its better now
>>
>>18175291
i think messaging your crush on line is a terrible thing to do; a lot of subliminal messages and you cant tell if they actually mean something or not or if theyre interested in you.
>>
>>18175515
I legit have an HR question though which makes it convenient

>>18175479
>>18175481
>>18175484
>>18175485
I actually work for a tech company that is fairly liberal. My boss met her husband when they worked together for the company. She even told me sales people and managers date sometimes.

She said the majority of people married at my company met and dated working together lol
>>
>>18175527

You're not listening. It doesn't matter how liberal the company is. The issue is not that the company would frown on dating, the issue is that if this relationship goes sour it will affect your professional life and your work environment.

The advice is the same. If this job is important to you then don't shit where you eat. If you could afford to lose this job or leave if things get weird then go for it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.