[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dating profile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1116305750300.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1116305750300.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
tell me what I am doing wrong

https://www.okcupid.com/profile/notasandvich

Other then not being an 8/10 or knowing how to smile naturally
>>
Id say cut the "work in progress part"

and narrow what you always think about to like two things, that are interesting and reveal somehing about your personality
>>
>>18174837
terrible facial hair is what's wrong
>>
your first photo is really small and far away
haircut doesn't match your face

>Beard of no beard?
grammar

not smiling is a huge deal, esp. if you aren't an 8/10 or higher
>>
>>18174888
What should be my first photo? Only chose the current one because it might look like interesting as a thumbnail

Also nice trips
>>
Tinder is the only real dating app you should be paying attention to desu bro
>>
>>18174837
>https://www.okcupid.com/profile/notasandvich

Go with the pic of you in shades, remove your existing profile pic and the one where you have your eyes closed in the goofy sweater. Your profile is a bit boring too, add some humor, some more action shots of you hiking.

"Working at an investment company in the IT department, looking for ways to generally improve my knowledge base"

This is OKC not fucking LinkedIn.
>>
>>18174837
In your 1st pic you look like a troll.
Your best pic is you being in shades.
Try make pic where you look like in shades pic, just without shades.

:-D
>>
>>18174837
I've seen bricks that look more attractive. But ur fine.
>>
>things I could never do without
bottle of Zyrtec

I can't tell if this is supposed to be funny or if you're just strange. Same for the rest of your profile, either fully commit to being funny or don't do it at all.
>>
>>18174837
ight my nigga ima girl so i know whats up

ur bio is too long, no one wants to read a list of your favorite animes - and even i watch anime

and don't put your self down with your career wording, for example you basically wrote...i work in the white house...but im a chef. why dont you say i create programs for financial institutions.

no body cares if you volunteer desu

your hobbies sound unoriginal and bland. just go into detail about what you do at work, and your goals for the rest of your life.

last but not least, your profile photo looks kinda weird, it looks like you breathed too hard for some reason. i get like that too sometimes though, i have to hold in my breath when i take a picture or else i'll look like an illegal.
>>
Uh, maybe delete the part about wanting to improve your IT skills during your off-time
>>
>>18174913
Why is this?
>>
>as loud as possible
being passionate is good, the wording is bad

other than that i dont see anything horrible
its just
women needs something, something exciting
that catches their eye

the cat pic might and elaborate on the hiking, go hike and make stupid pictures to show off

say something weird in your profile without sounding like a serial killer
>>
>>18174837
Unless drinking coffee is the most interesting aspect of you (yikes), don't put it first in your summary.

Proofread your shit before you publish it.
>a world filled [with] social media
missing word
>Find[ing] new places to go hiking
consistent structure
>I'd been here all day if listed everything
grammar, mising word... jesus christ
>I'm really good at: Movie, music, tv, trivia
What does that mean??? Do you mean "Movie, music and TV trivia"?
You have a period after the TV and Music lists, but not after the other lists.
>Sushi (tempura shrimp)
That's quite specific; just say "Sushi"
>Ways to improve my IT skills.
Again, using a period where elsewhere you have not.

TL;DR Dating sites aren't for everybody.
>>
OP, I'm a lazy fuck and haven't read your profile, but you should keep the beard and remove the second photo because you look like a middle-aged asian businessman
>>
>>18174837
>pic
Can be much, much better. Like A LOT better.

>self-summary
Boring. Unless the chick is obsessed by classic rock, there it's the equivalent of "I am a human. I breath."

>What I’m doing with my life
Finally shit starting to look a bit better, although "for ways to generally improve my knowledge base" sounds ... box-y. You generally sound way too formulaic.

>Movie, music, tv, trivia
Please find something better.

>fav stuff
Try to cut it at least to half. You sound like a teen girl who defines herself over the music she listens too. Shit bored me to sleep even though most of the movies are pretty good.

You should to use the space better, you have only couple lines to create interest and sell yourself as desirable person, for that you need to stand out and not just be "that guy who drinks coffee and listens to music".

>>18175592
>no body cares if you volunteer desu
Disagree, that's a pretty good piece of info.

>>18176100
>That's quite specific; just say "Sushi"
Specific isn't too bad when it comes to that.
>>
>>18176143
>Specific isn't too bad when it comes to that.
I had to google it to find out that it even existed; I think that supports my case that it's too specific. Also, it's retarded because it's not even sushi, it's cooked shrimp in tempura batter rolled in rice. I think it looks stupid, but then the rest of the profile is fucking awful too, so whatevs.
>>
>>18176152
I don't know what the fuck it is either but someone liking sushi, specifically that stuff will feel a lot closer to OP.

If someone wrote that they like classical music it'd be barely a shrug for me but if they specified something like Op. 130 from Beethoven, I'd have a much better picture of what exactly they like.

>it's not even sushi
Kek, fair enuff.
>>
Honestly, I know you're not conventionally attractive, but your face has a lot of character.

I'm a dude, but I'd be friends with you probably.
>>
>>18174837
First picture make you look older than you are. You look extremely better in the one you are with your friend.
The other thing I would fix is about improving your IT skills in your free time - it makes you sound boring as fuck. Nice you love your job but don't mention it as your hobby.
Also 'I drink coffee' as first line is not so incisive, try putting it down differently.

Pro tip: a pic of your cat, it definitely works. Bitches love cats.
>>
>>18175431
>I've seen bricks that look more attractive.
wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>18174837

In the first pic you kind of have your face/body pulled back tense and the pic is taken slightly from below.

It looks a little awkward and unflattering that way so try to physically relax, drop your shoulders and grab another from a slightly higher angle. You want level with your face without getting too close or a even little above. The bright sunlight making strong shadows also has a bit of a harsh effect.

Agree the sunnies pic is a good one. Best of luck mayne
>>
So am I better of being honest and going into detail how I am a pathetic perma-virgins piece of shit with zero dating experience, non-existent social life and boring nerd hobbies?
>>
>>18176361
I assume nothing is wrong with anon, he just knows a lot of good looking bricks.
>>
look OP, a dating profile has two basic jobs to do for you:

1. prove that you're attractive. There seems to be nothing wrong with how you look, but you're not optimizing this. Improve photos, this is the single most important part of the profile. Proving you have a job and friends counts here.

2. Give a hint of your personality, but keep it mostly to mystery. Be as brief as possible, and delete all the boring stuff that makes you sound like everyone else. It's not interesting that you like sushi or the simpsons or whatever, and the time it takes for someone to read your long list of shit is time that could be spent drawing them in with personality instead.

Compare:

>I like sushi (shrimp tempura)

versus

>I go to sushi restaurants and order the strangest thing on the menu... and shrimp tempura just in case.
>>
>>18175514
Why would it be funny? I have allergies so I take Zyrtec to calm it down
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.