[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to improve morbidly low self-esteem on your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1790.jpg (177KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1790.jpg
177KB, 900x1600px
Is there any way to improve morbidly low self-esteem on your own?

My shrink refuses to believe I have any problems, and I don't want to bother trying to get a new one because that'll just be the same.
>>
>>18174636

by acknowledging the good and changing the bad.

self esteem is rarely ever all encompassing. as a general rule the guy who is confident he can get the promotion is not the guy who is confident the cutie in reception is going to accept his dinner invitation.
>>
>>18174667
None of my good is any good and I have no idea how to fix the bad.
>>
>>18174706
surprise! you're broken. You need therapy. Your perception of yourself is inaccurate. You can't fix that alone.
>>
>>18174715
How do I convince my shrink about it?

If I'm not doing anything harmful he'll insist I'm doing fine, and if I'm doing something harmful he'll just smile and ask me to stop doing that.
>>
>>18174706

well we cant help you if you cant even pick a starting point. there is not some 'generality' to self esteem.

figure out whats bad, what to do to fix it, and go forward.

>mind
>body
>Social

thats all there is. good luck
>>
>>18174725
I've fixed my body as good as it will get and that's no good. I guess I'm ok socially, my friends like me and my family doesn't dislike me.

How do you fix your mind?
>>
>>18174739

education. wisdom. experience.
>>
>>18174742
Which one of those is going to get me a boyfriend?
>>
>>18174744

none.
>>
let me guess, you're transgendered.
>>
>>18174750
Then what?

It's 11 pm, none of the local forums are up.
>>
>>18174757

what?
>>
>>18174768
I have to plague 4chan again because most decent people in my country are no longer online and the forums I usually frequent are desolate.
>>
>>18174781

that doesn't explain what just happened.

>me: let me guess you're transgendered
>you: then what? It's 11pm, none of the local forums are up.

this makes no sense.
>>
>>18174787
Oh I thought you recognised me from some earlier thread, just naturally read that as an oh-it's-you-again.

Sorry to confuse.
>>
>>18174724
you need to go to a different therapist if that's how yours is treating issues you bring up.
>>
>>18174636

At some point you need to realize you're going to die, why waste fucking time thinking what other depressed morons think. Depressed morons who don't care about you at all. Why do you care what they think? It's irrational.

Enjoy life, make the world better...come on peeps, you got this.
>>
>>18174870
How do I not make the same mistake with the next one?

>>18174872
Because I want some other depressed moron to think I'm nice and to pick up
and hold me.

And apparently that doesn't happen if you hate yourself.
>>
>>18174744

You're not going to get boys with any of those, but, who wants the immature anyway?
>>
>>18174887
>Because I want some other depressed moron to think I'm nice and to pick up
>and hold me.
>And apparently that doesn't happen if you hate yourself.

But WHY do you hate yourself? Are you really a bad person, or just a chickenshit?

If you're just a chickenshit coward...WHY? WHY have insecurity...it's irrational.

I know just saying it doesn't mean anything. You have to UNDERSTAND that it's irrational. Little lightbulb going off in your head.

Once you accept yourself as a valid person that is worthy of giving / receiving love (protip: you are), then find someone that accepts you for who you are.
>>
>>18174887
It's not a mistake you're making. This is a fundamental flaw in the therapist. Eventually someone is going to take your self esteem issues seriously, or at least give you better reasons as to why they think you're wrong.

What the therapist should be doing is searching for examples as to why the things you say about yourself are untrue, and use them as counter points to your shitty arguments that you're terrible.
>>
>>18174907
Because I'm trans and gay and cry the whole time if someone tries to fuck me. Finding someone who'd love me despite of me hating everything about the way 90% of people express love isn't going to happen when your dating pool is a small minority within 10% of society in a small town in a tiny sparsely inhabited country.

>>18174908
All my arguments are factual and valid.
>>
>>18174927
>Because I'm trans and gay and cry the whole time if someone tries to fuck me. Finding someone who'd love me despite of me hating everything about the way 90% of people express love isn't going to happen when your dating pool is a small minority within 10% of society in a small town in a tiny sparsely inhabited country.

Yeah, you have it rough OP. But...you're young, get some cash and move to a place that's more accepting. I accept you, I don't care that you're trans and gay at all. I know you don't know me, but I'm just saying there are accepting people out there.

Small towns are very rigid because everyone knows everyone, so it's more difficult to be non-conformist. Gay and trans is non-conformist.

Accept yourself for what you are (sounds like you have), but realize the hate you get, the dirty looks, etc. are just from people that are unhappy that you're upsetting their status quo. You make them feel uncomfortable.

Time will eventually change things, but you'll never change all of their minds. You need to move.

And you'll find someone that you can be with. Don't be stupid and trust too easily, but trusst is built over time.

You'll be ok, you can find love...be patient.
>>
>>18174936
It's not like a SMALL TOWN small town, and nobody knows I'm trans. It's just that there's exactly two gays here, me and this lesbian two towns over that I don't really talk to.

I don't get hate or dirty looks. I just don't have what it takes to get into school to move into a larger place where I'd have more of a fragment of a shot at finding a partner who'd even consider tolerating me.

Thank you for the support.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.