[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it advisable to dictch BPD relationships?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ss.jpg (46KB, 960x561px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
46KB, 960x561px
Why is it advisable to dictch BPD relationships?
>>
Because personality disorders suck you in and ruin your own life.
>>
>>18174521
Because unstable partner = unstable relationship.

And no one needs more instability in their life.
>>
>>18174521
because those people will fuck your life up.
>>
>>18174521
Bpd people are nightmares and when you're trapped you're trapped until you are sucked dry

t. borderline
>>
>>18174521
look up what borderline personality disorder actually is and see if that sounds like someone you'd like to have as a boyfriend or girlfriend.
>>
>>18174521

bipolar disorder is literally defined as:
>A mental disorder characterized by unstable moods, behavior, and relationships.

so, why is it advisable to ditch someone who is prone to unstable relationships? do you like unstable?
>>
>>18174643
Bpd is borderline not bipolar. Way worse.
>>
>>18174658

my bad, i typed that wrong, however the search result that pulled that up WAS for borderline.
>>
>>18174658
that's the "definition" of borderline with bipolar above as an error.
>>
BPD is one of the most crapshoot personality disorders, it's overdiagnosed and has a huge successful treatment rate as a result (personality disorders are not supposed to be successfully treated, they're LIFE LONG for a reason. histrionics and narcissists and psychopaths do not spontaneously resolve in the therapist's office).

Most of them are just PTSD sufferers who came from shitty broken homes rather than having a personality disorder outright.

But diagnosis culture says everything must have a label, even if the label does not fit.

Real borderlines are scary fucking individuals you'd never even want to interact with on a daily basis. Think Jeffery Dahmer. He was borderline. We're talking about people so broken they can't comprehend their own self-image properly.
>>
>>18174719
The treatment rate is high because of how they define it success. It has to do with the frequency of major episodes, rather then the elimination of them.

Therapy for those with BPD is about teaching them coping skills, but the underlying condition will not ever fully go away, and they will never be completely free of the issues that plague them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.