[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too much of a social retard to sign up to college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0273.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0273.gif
89KB, 600x450px
Hello /adv/, I'm in a major dilemma. Basically what's happened is everyone is expecting me to join a college course along with my brother and his girlfriend, the problem is I literally can't function around people I don't know; even my brothers girlfriend is a problem at times.

I did do a course back in 2016, basically a training programme and spent all my free time alone and basically never spoke a word. I missed nearly 100 days of it over two years because of this, no joke. It will be a lot worse now that my brother is there because he'll see first hand how bad I am.

What should I do /adv/, am I fucked?
>>
Have you considered professional counselling?
>>
>>18173866
Did it, she wanted me to leave because she didn't think I took it seriously. Also I can't really get into that, it just doesn't look like it would work for me, so I guess she had a point.
>>
>>18174730
Le bump
>>
Try forcing yourself to talk to strangers. Practice makes perfect, even though it's hard.

Start easy. Like with strangers you'll never see again. Go into a store, buy a pack of gum and force yourself to have a short conversation with the clerk. Do things like that. Short, 1-2 minute conversations with employees or people you're in line with.
>>
>>18175787
crippling social anxiety is no way to live, anon. what else have you tried to do about that?
>>
>>18175795
yeah, i agree with this guy. actually what worked for me was starting even smaller, I'd go to a hookah bar or someplace like that where it was a social environment, but still acceptable to sit alone with a laptop. i acclimated some over time, i watched my thoughts and when i found myself resentful or jealous of the people sitting near me, i labeled those as stupid, and tried to replace those thoughts with friendly, useful, thoughts.

also learning to not give a fuck about things and be more confidant helped some.
>>
>>18175796
It's not really anxiety it more like extreme apathy, like I have no energy to listen to them but also no real source of enjoyment like others can have. I just have a deep sense of social conformity so I can't really bring books or play games either without feeling uncomfortable.
>>
>>18175803
oh, i'm in my last semester and i get incredibly bored during lectures, to the point of rage.

i just doodle and don't talk to anyone during class, it looks like i'm taking notes, but my classmates can see i'm busy and don't bother me.

i've drawn incredible tapestries, dozens of pages long. i learned more about shading and 3D letters made of mushrooms last semester than i did about automata or memory hierarchy.

i just pay half attention the whole time for when the prof actually says something remotely interesting.
>>
>>18175818
Interesting, I do hope to pay attention though, no point in going at all when I can do that shit at home.
>>
>>18173842
Just do it man, act natural and you'll be find.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.