[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make friends my age??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: vinland-saga-7438657.jpg (160KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
vinland-saga-7438657.jpg
160KB, 800x1150px
I'm in my early 20's and after my break up with my boyfriend all the mutuals I had kinda stopped talking to me. My uncle is the only person I hang with and he's 40 so he's not that into the things I'd like to do. I work at an office and everyone there has kids and can't go out that much. How the hell do I make friends with people my age?? I want to be able to enjoy the things I used to do with people but there's just no one to talk to. The only person that still talks to me lives out of the country. I want to be able to meet people and spend time with them. Doesn't help I'm kind of an introvert either.
>>
>>18173499
Go to places where people your age go out and have fun at i.e bars clubs . biggest thing is don't be afraid of leaving your comfort zone. my ex had the same issue after cheating on me she had no friends because they were all my friends (different circumstances but same point) her problem was not putting herself out there. Always keep in mind that it's okay to leave your comfort zone.
>>
>>18173528
It does feel weird going to bars alone but it feels like if I try to go to any of those places alone I'm just looking to hook up. No one approaches me anyways since it seems everyone comes with other people anyways. I've tried to engage in conversation before like this one time in this small group of people a guy complimented something I had on and I said thanks and told me where I got it but he just quickly went back to the convo in his group. It just seems impossible for me.
>>
>>18173538
It seems impossible only because the lack of social experience. Albeit approaching even a small group is challenging especially if you feel awkward in any sense of the way. Look at people's clothing just like that one guy did. mostly like bands or cool designs if it aligns to your personal interests go off of that. The guy probably didn't mean to blow you off but in his perspective it's a little intriguing how a lone female (or male not trying to assume) walked up to a small group of people who are probably his close or semi-close friends and entered the conversation however A for effort. Confidence is key in that situation since he gave you an in on the group in a way by complimenting your appearance so in that situation you hang back and soak in the conversation and jump in when something sparks your interests. Also it would help to introduce yourself people are friendlier and more inviting if they know your name.
>>
>>18173538
Oh and also about the hook-up thing. That's understandable bars and clubs are just generally places people do come to hook-up. there's many other places that people do fun things at. try a concert of your favorite band or an activity that many people enjoy doing. For example an art museum. Approach-ability is all based on the mood you set inside your mind. Easier said then done when it comes to trying to maintain a positive mental attitude however trying is succeeding.
>>
Where do you live?
>>
>>18173499
Try couchsurfing.com

They have local forum groups for each city where you find events specific to meet new people in the city.

I've used it when moving to a different country, still have plenty of friends just from people that I have met at those events.
>>
Use meetup.com . Find a nearby group that interests you.
>>
>>18173553
We don't have many interesting places here in Puerto Rico >>18173576. It's either bars or events (of which there aren't many). People are antisocial as hell here unless youre openly looking to drink and hook up.

>>18173593
>>18173599
Do these work for outside the US too? Also, does anyone know of a good videogame forum where it's easy to talk and meet people to play games? Maybe I can find someone in my area in there.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.