[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get involved with someone who has BPD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Yuno_gasai_by_morrow_x-d4nui33.png (487KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Yuno_gasai_by_morrow_x-d4nui33.png
487KB, 1024x768px
Ive known this girl for around 4 months and the both of us are starting to catch feelings for each other. We had the talk and all already about our feelings towards each other. But theres one problem (i think) - she had borderline personality disorder.
She gets really harsh moodswings everyday and her mood can switch from every existing mood in a few hour. She has some self image problem and also fears abandonment which makes her very insecure. This girl is also very impulsive and acts on her impulses which makes it very hard for her to handle her economy (she spends aaaalot).
Despite all this, this girl is a very sweet and a nice person, she just seems very lost. She for instance if very easily affected by others and let them shape her (music taste, opinions etc). She's been doing better since she started to get to know me but i fear that she will totally flip one day.

Do any of you have experience with dating someone who has BPD? Is it an absolute no, and should i just run while i still can or could it perhaps work?
>>
>>18172625
from my experience this can be fun at first but things do get more and more complicated, the closer you become (like moving together and stuff). it's best to Keep those on a friednship Level if you want my advice
>>
The amount of baggage people with BPD carry is more than the Atlanta airport gets in an entire year.

I can't judge this girl without knowing her, but you have to be aware BPD affects every aspect of her life and will take a toll on yours once she's decided to move on or is having a bad day.

I'm a bipolar and wouldn't trust a BPD with anything at all.
>>
>>18172625
It's going to hurt you so fucking much when she turns on you. And she will turn on you. That's all I have to say.
>>
>>18172625
hey newfag. ever heard of the expresson "don't stick your dick in crazy"?
>>
>>18172674
lmao u right
>>
Is romance fucking lost? To hell with the naysayers OP

You know she is going to be a burden, stick it in you head. Now the question is, are you man enough to handle it? do you love her enough?

Fucking degenerates from /adv/, love should not be just what is practical. I dont know why this triggers me, but dam it does.

>REEEEEEEEE
>>
Trust me on this 1. I have been with a girl borderline/sociopath god knows what; for quite an intense relationship.

First of: There will be amazing times. BPD have this interesting thing where their emotions are heightened. This will mean that the highs; will be absolutely magnificent. You will believe you will have found true love; and it won't compare with anything else.

However; that being said. The lows. There will be times; when nothing 'seems' the matter, but it will be. Due to her illness, she will misconstrue things.

For example you not having time, because you want to see your friends - work on your job / whatever, will not be greeted with understanding and compassion. It will be greeted with hostility, anger and resentment. She will punish you for it. And the cruel thing is, as you grow and get to know each other, get close and share your deepest most intimate self with her, she will know exactly where to hit you. And she will, HARD. If she is a true BPD; eventually, she will crush you. Its how they work. They cannot help it. Her feelings will ALWAYS take precedence over yours. Always.

I would liken it to taking heroin. The first bump is amazing. But as the addiction goes forward, your life will change and you might seriously lose things you might never get back.

So i would say no. Don't do it.
>>
>>18172625
This girl is going to absolutely break you. Run while your soul is intact
>>
>>18172625
Run, run as fast as you can. I dated someone the same shit and wow, she would tell me she was doing drugs again just to get a rise out of me before I had to go to work.... those were some long nights.

Wait until you love them deeply then they will turn on you and it's going to be fucking horrendous, expect cheating.

Like another anon said, they will turn on you
>>
>>18172731
Love is having your partners back and knowing they have yours not having to deal with someone's fucking putting you down and making you feel worthless because they're having a bad day...
>>
>>18173073
BPD sufferer here. This is true. if it wasn't for "friends" I would of hurt everything and everyone around me by now, I'm not even medicated. I'm just an all around piece of shit.
>>
>>18172625
>She gets really harsh moodswings everyday and her mood can switch from every existing mood in a few hour. She has some self image problem and also fears abandonment which makes her very insecure. This girl is also very impulsive and acts on her impulses which makes it very hard for her to handle her economy (she spends aaaalot).
This is not conducive to a healthy, happy relationship. You've been warned.

>She for instance if very easily affected by others and let them shape her (music taste, opinions etc).
No, this is her being manipulative to get closer to others. This isn't healthy and it's not going to change.

>Is it an absolute no, and should i just run while i still can or could it perhaps work?
It sounds a bit like NPD to me. You can make it work, technically, but you won't be a happy or fulfilled person. You can't cure NPD.
>>
>>18173188
last thing is true. Ive noticed that she's almost like a completely different person with other people. She doesnt say what she actually wants to say and its bothering me quite a bit. Ive asked her why she's scared of being herself and the reply i get is that shes ''shy'' or that its actually her opinion. But when i confront her about it and say that its not her actual opinion since she's told me otherwise, she just gets upsets at me or apologises.
>>
>>18173360
Then yeah, I'd say this is closer to NPD. They care for you for as long as they can use you. They'll try to get positive attention, but if they can't, they're more than happy to go for negative attention so that they can victimize themselves by making you the bad guy. She's getting upset at you because you're calling out her bad behavior. NPD can't be cured because they don't see anything wrong with their actions. Everyone else becomes the problem.
>>
>>18173368
NPD is common in men, my ex has this. I highly doubt she has NPD I see more of MPD or BPD
>>
>>18172625
I cannot tell you how your particular adventure into the realms of being involved with a mentally "other-than" person will turn out.

My mother is bi-polar, schizo, D.I.D. My sister is manic depressive. The list of shit wrong with my on my disability paperwork from the VA is an entire page (biggest ones being dysthmic disorder, adjustment disorder, flattened affect, nightmare disorder, and insomnia). I'm also the poster child for success in therapy--I am very normalized most days. One of my best friends missed a diagnosis of being a full-blown sociopath by technicality (instead, he's PDNOS with heavy BPD tendencies). In particular, that friend went from suicidal/violent ideations and actions to relatively normalized because of our friendship.

I only say this to demonstrate that I have a lot of experience with mental/emotional disorders.

In my experience, providing a stable support framework to a person with mental/emotional disorders can only help them. HOWEVER, there's some pretty big caveats to that. You have to be not only willing but also capable of being that support, meaning you have to be incredibly patient, empathetic and sympathetic, and also educated. Additionally, the person in question has to want you as that kind of support and has to be willing to work with you.

If you aren't already damn near an undergrad psychologist with a complex emotional awareness of your own AND this girl isn't already willing to work around/through/with her disorder to function in a relationship with you, don't expect fantastic results. It's not impossible, but it's not going to be fun. You both have to decide if what your interested in is a relationship, and not the sensations of romance.
>>
>>18173374
NPD is pretty common in women too, but they can be a little harder to detect.
>>
>>18172643
Can I get more info on this in the off chance you ever come back to this thread?
I've tought about getting a BPD GF for a while now.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.