[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any real way to stop being introverted and get over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: sa.jpg (14KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
sa.jpg
14KB, 235x215px
is there any real way to stop being introverted and get over social anxiety? im ugly, that cant change. ive been bullied for 17+ years, that will not stop, its probably the cause of me being the way i am. i dont even know if im introverted, i wish people befriended me but it just doesnt happen so i distance myself from everyone. the more time i spend alone, the less time i get bullied. i cant speak to anyone on the telephone i dont know why and i have multiple health issues, but i cant visit the doctor, i get anxiety attacks in these situations. is it better to just off myself at this point
>>
>>18171945

most people don't get the definitions right for introversion and extroversion. and the few who do still dont realize that its rarely ever a one or the other type of situation.

its kind of like height. tall and short are just vague terms used to describe people in relation to us and the norm. but in reality most people just fall somewhere on a scale.

introverted simply means recharging with alone time. extroverted simply means recharging wtih social time. for most people you recharge with both. its like sleep. when you're tired of the day you want to sleep. and when you've slept too much you want to get up and move around. even a massage begins to feel like 'pressure' if it goes on for too long.

on top of this, most people don't realize that its simply a 'recharge'. most people here claim to be introverted, but that being introverted makes them miserable, which means they're not actually introverts, they are simply extroverts who aren't socializing. its like a gay guy forcing himself to sleep with women.

the only way to truly get over social anxiety is to
1) practice
2) acknowledge the consequences (or lack thereof).

practice speaks for itself. the more you go out there, the more experience you get.

as for acknowledging the consequences, a lot of people in your situation tend to think there are some. that any failed interaction is a mark on a scoreboard that god will judge you by when you die. in reality even the most embarrassing of moments mean absolutely nothing by the next day, particularly with strangers or people you havent developed any friendships with.

the chad gets rejected more than the beta simply because the chad isn't afraid to ask a woman out. he knows that a rejection means nothing and is not a judgement of him or his worth. the beta does not. he takes any perceived awkwardness as confirmation that he is a sub-human and worth less than a career criminal.
>>
>>18171945
Do you have parents who care? If yes, you can always try to talk to them. If not, you can always try to be better yourself.

Anyway you sound like typical usa high school student who snap someday and shoot the school.

So you have to deal with your problems.
>bullied
You have to find out reason why. Is it because you are just the weakest in class? Is there really nobody around to help you? Can you tell teacher that they bully you?

>social anxiety
You deal with this by learning that everybody have this fear inside their head when they are about to leave their comfort zone. You really have to learn how to overcame it. It is part of growing up.

>distance from everyone
Dont be that sad kid. Try to make some friend. Look around class, find the most sad looking guy / girl and chat them up. It is not that hard. Maybe if you manage to squeeze into some social group they will stop bullying you.

>health problems
Like what? You have to be strong. The natural selection is still in works. You can either deal with your problems or live a very sad life full of suffering. You have to be strong.

>off myself
Dont. That would mean your bullies have won.
>>
>>18171994
i am way past school, i have graduated, and i still get bullied at work. its because im ugly. theres nothing i can do about it.
>>
>>18172007
>ugly
Improbable. Boy? Girl?

>work
What work and how do they bully you?

Who told you that you are ugly?
>>>/soc/ tried rate me thread?
>>
>>18172032
No, 99% of people I've come across in real life
I have never posted a picture of myself on the internet
>>
>>18172043
I dont believe you. I bet you just have low self esteem and never actually tried to innitiate social contact with others.

That instead of challenging yourself you always ran away. And why dont you want to tell me your job and gender? What do you have to lose here? I am powerless here against you. What if i tell you that you can trust me?
>>
>>18172053
my job is bookkeeping, my gender is male, i am 22. how does that make what i go through everyday more or less valid?
>>
>>18172061
So how do people bully you at work?
And how do you know that you are ugly? And dont tell me that everybody told you that. Because normal people dont go and tell others in public that they are hideous.

And what health issues you got? Common you cant turn your life around by ignoring problems and i refuse to give you shit advice like
>bee yourself
>>
>>18171945
Self esteem is the first stage. If you don't love yourself, who will?

2nd, stop believeing you are a victim
3rd, stand up for yourself, you dont have to do this aggressively. The most confident people never get flustered because they know they are a big fucking deal.

You need to stop calling yourself ugly. Beauty is subjective and the most important beauty comes from someones personality.
>>
>>18172071
when you overhear people talking about how you look, or just looking at you and laughing at you for no apparent reason, i think the reason is quite obvious. so yeah at work people say to eachother, you look abit like "him" then the other guy starts mocking stuff about my appearance to reiterate he doesnt look like me. and then to women they say i think you would suit that guy, and the response is always ew, no way, never. of course they dont say it to my face, but i have good ears. they dont refer to me by name, they say him, or it.

my health issues i dont even know what they are, the issues themselves directly are not the problem (yet, because they could be serious i have no idea) , its the fact i cant talk to my doctor because of my social anxiety, i freeze up when i phone in to book an appointment, i cant talk on the phone, and they make me anxious and sometimes i get bad anxiety attacks.
>>
>>18172110
I guess there is no chance to persuade you to post photo right? Maybe they are talking about something else. Maybe you have weird clothes, hair cut, glasses? Post a photo. There is no easier way than to let us see. Or are you by any chance fat? Cause that is quite easy to solve. Maybe it is the way you act and move. People can subcounsciously tell that you are afraid / scared / anxious by your behaviour.

Where do you live? With whom? Do you have anybody to talk to? And how can you talk to me? You dont feel any anxiety when you are in contact here? You have to break it man.

As with the health, if you just feel bad, trouble with eating, nauseasia, diarethra, tired but still problems with sleeping it is all tied to your mental healt. If you didnt felt like constant failure your body would be cool too.

So what do you think you have power to do to start working on your self esteem?
>>
>>18172110
Post a photo here or on /soc/, no one's gonna mock you for it.
Also if your anxiety is that bad I'd suggest going to a psychiatrist for anti-anxiety meds first.
>>
>>18172139
>>18172142
there is no chance im going to post a photo. especially on 4chan

clothes i wear black trousers, and smart black shoes, with different colour shirt every day, change trousers every 2-3 days, most days black sometimes navy. haircut is medium (but for men you would call it long i guess) curly hair. my hair is naturally curly i dont do anything to it. i dont keep it long for style, i keep it long because i dont like cutting it, because people cut their hair to look flashy and that is not me. i have nothing to be proud about or show off so i leave it how it is. i am not thin, i am not obese, i am i would say i am a few months away from being overweight as i find comfort in food nowadays.
i live with parents and brothers. i cant talk to any of them. even my brothers mock me when i try to do stuff that is out of the ordinary for me like using mic while gaming. i really have nobody to talk to

i can talk to you because you have not seen me and dont know who i am, or have not heard my voice so cannot judge my physical features. i would not be able to talk to you as i am now if you have seen me.
my health problems are i have sores on my scalp which have not healed for 2 years, im scared its cancer, i obviously cannot see them myself so i dont know what they are. i have lumps in other parts of my body too. i cant sleep at night, most days and if i do i wake up after about 3 hours. so i am awake like 36+ hours every time. i have already been to the doctor for depression last year, he gave me meds, which i took for a month, and still to this day my eyes hurt as a side effect from them. they did not have any effect on me. another reason i dont want to go the doctor is that when i went to him about depression i broke down, told him ive been suicidal a long time, even cried, i couldnt help it. now im extremely embarassed and i know he judged me for it.
i really dont know what i can do at this point to improve my self esteem. probably plastic surgery
>>
>>18172142
i have been to a psychiatrist, it did nothing for me, she made me go to group sessions with other people with low self esteem and i was still the ugliest one there it made me feel even worse i didnt go back

>>18172189
I wouldnt blame you if you think im just sitting here bullshitting because i had no intention of typing all this out today, but since you got it out of me and ive read it, if i saw someone post this shit i wouldnt believe it either

so imagine how i must feel knowing that what ive been through and am going through sounds like complete bs
>>
>>18172110
>people say to eachother, you look abit like "him" then the other guy starts mocking stuff about my appearance

Where do you work, in a high school? Most adults don't act like that. Find a new job to get away from those children, and/or report them for harassment
>>
>>18172231
i work in an office environment, it doesnt happen every day. but it has happened, when i was new. how can i forget it?
>>
>>18172231
>>18172236
see, the thing is, when i was in high school i thought this will never happen again, let me just get through it and people in college will be more mature. nope. college it only gets worse, but hey, lets just get through it, working people wont be like this. nope. they are all the same. leaving this job will harm me more than it will do me good, i will get kicked out from my home if i cannot afford to pay for myself, i will run into debt if i cannot keep up with my bills. my life is a shit show that ive wanted to end since i was 16 but im even too useless for that
>>
>>18172189
So to make it short you are VERY unhappy with your life and as you described it there is nothing you can do to improve it?

Mate your life sounds like a hell to me. Why dont you go and help yourself?

I get it. You are super afraid of other people to judge you. Your appearance, voice, even actions. That is hard.

Seriously what happened to you? You arent born just to be like this. When this has started? What was the first thing that cascaded into this state? Have you thinked about it?

But dont tell me you are able to do your job in this state. Like how do you even leave your room?

And are you sure you cant talk to your parents? And with the suicide thing, there was a thread yesterday where i chat with a girl whos brother suicided. It basically mentally killed his dad and rest of family felt like shit for months to come. I am sure they can help you.

Please do not wither away. By hiding your problems from your family you just worsen it all. If comunicating with your parents is a problem, try sending them this thread in an email or something. I am afraid you are past the point where you can help yourself OP.

>>18172236
And everybody is target of banter when they are new to job. I had it the same. The people doesnt mean it in negative way. It doesnt mean you are ugly.

>>18172242
I think you are a bit delusoinal op. You take all small things as direct attacks on your personality. That is simply not the case.

For example when you see somebody to laught in public, everybody's first reaction is
>do they laught at me? Am i silly?
And then you realize they are just reading jokes on phone or something.

Please op, tell me you wont give up. You are better than to just give up.

:-(
>>
>>18172236
>has happened
So you mean you don't get bullied anymore. If it happens again just talk to your boss. Make sure you play the victim and act sensitive, don't show any sign of aggression.

But at the end of the day if you really want to feel better about yourself, you need to give yourself something to feel good about. Find a skill (not video games) and get good at it - sports, art, music, writing, video editing, programming, engineering, there's plenty of stuff you can teach yourself at home for free.

Also if you really can't sleep at night then you can probably get disability money from the government and work less, or not at all.
>>
>>18172189
Shit man the sleeping part sounds like hell. I would've gone insane alone from that if I were in your shoes. Maybe weed or some alcohol could help you sleep. When people lack sleep they get easily anxious and irritable.
>>
I know you won't do it, but take up a martial art or sport like boxing and meditation. Both help tremendously with anxiety.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.