[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I improve my self-esteem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: guts_sad.png (69KB, 322x340px) Image search: [Google]
guts_sad.png
69KB, 322x340px
How do I improve my self-esteem?
>>
I dunno. I find that when I dress nice it improves my self esteem.
>>
I have no self esteem so idk

What makes me feeling good is being clean
>>
>>18171414
what I was told getting sober was to improve self esteem by doing esteemable acts. For AA that meant helping other alcoholics who were desperate, and it worked well for me. I imagine the same principle would apply for anyone with low self-esteem.

Gotta make a quick note though, building up self esteem takes time, so don't go play with puppies for a day at the shelter and expect to come out a confident, self-loving person. It takes some time and effort making a positive difference in the world to feel like you're worthwhile. It also takes work to maintain that feeling.

No, it's not fair that normies don't have to do this just to feel 'ok', but by the Gods, the simple fact that there IS a way to feel 'ok' at all should have you overjoyed.
>>
>>18171414

Become good at something or a few things. Become someone you can be proud of. Surround yourself with people you can be yourself around without feeling ashamed or unworthy. Establish your sense of self around things you can influence over those you can't. Respect yourself by taking care of your mind and your body. Realize that other peoples' opinions of you are not necessarily right, because they will always only know a caricature of you they build in their minds. Force yourself to realize that failure doesn't automatically mean that you are a failure. Overall, just consciously create a healthy relationship between yourself and the rest of the world.
>>
Thank you anons for posting, it really helps a lot.
Although I feel reluctant to take advice cause then if I fail I have a chance of disappointing someone.

But that's ok, I understand.
Fuck world, for once. I am gonna be a little more proud from now on.
>>
File: 1488619430876.jpg (218KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1488619430876.jpg
218KB, 1000x667px
By having your own values and standards and shaping yourself according to them.

If you you other people's values and standards and think they are more valid than yours, then no wonder you mean nothing for them.

Just believe in your own judgment rather than be judged and always stay strong to your code and never break it, since it will prove its weakness and lack of validation.
Same goes for other people, shitheads have no right to judge.

To make your own code, don't copy what society tells you. It's a matter of shitload of things and experiences. Read a lot, learn, meet people, observe and question everything. With time you'll know what you stand for, not what people want you to follow and submit to.

It really comes down to this.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.