[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be witty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

There's a guy I like who I have trouble communicating with. Conversation can be slow when I message him and I often get the feeling he's disinterested in me, but as soon as I mirror his witty and sarcastic conversational style, he's a lot more responsive and opens up to me a lot better.

Problem is I'm not a very quick thinker, and I'd like to get better at picking up on witty humour, and witty conversations in general. I consider myself to be more emotionally driven when it comes to communicating, especially if I like that person, but he just feels distant and cold when I try and be emotionally in-tune with him.

Any tips??
>>
>>18170437
I managed to get the street he lives on just by being witty and picking up on the things he's said. I read a couple of articles giving advice, cause I'm pathetic and need that, but it worked pretty well so far. I just want to know how to put it into better and more consistent practice.
>>
>only enjoys talking to you when you resemble him

lol what a fucking narcissist
>>
File: Draco_Mal.jpg (20KB, 250x428px) Image search: [Google]
Draco_Mal.jpg
20KB, 250x428px
>>18170444
TRIPS OF TRUTH.

He his a little bit of a narcissist, and his sarcasm makes him come off as an asshole, but I've dealt with a guy similar to him and I'm used to it now, and even find it somewhat endearing.

He reminds me of pic related, except more conventionally attractive.
>>
bump.

4channers are witty, right??
>>
>>18170452
A good wit isn't just a sign of humor, it's a sign of sharpness and mental aptitude. You have to let it develop over time, taking the time to nurture your wit; if you have to think of what to say next, you're just being insincere. Besides, you'll grow tired if you have to put on a personality any time you want to talk to him. Good conversation should be genuinely honest as well, if you have to force it, you have to be willing to step back and ask yourself if it's worth doing.
>>
>>18170485
How do you suggest I develop it? Cause even if I do say I want to learn how to improve for some guy I wouldn't mind learning for the sake of it, either.

Also thanks for your advice.
>>
>>18170505
Having a group of friends that don't mind giving you shit constantly helps. Me and a friend of mine were big music snobs so we had a game we'd play only in front of other people. An example would be:

>Hey man can l borrow your 'Celine Dion live' DVD?
>Yeah dude, only if you lend me your 'the very best of the Backstreet boys' cd
>Yeah man of course
>Thanks bro, thanks

Whoever had the funniest/weirdest/most embarrassing response would get the point pretty much, it mostly just fun seeing the confused response of the people that knew us or other music snobs hanging around
>>
>>18170444
Supposedly that's true of everyone. Mirroring people is an nlp technique
>>
>>18170452
Is he me?

I am sarcastic an awful lot, but super witty and I am aware that I come off like an asshole to people who don't pick up on the fact that it's really just my sense of humour. Most people will figure me out if they stick around long enough.

The best way to be witty is to snap out the first funny thought that comes to mind when someone gives you an opening.

Remember it doesn't count as wit if you have to actively figure out your response.
>>
>>18170597
If he is you;

Ben,

Please just fucking talk to me. I offered you to hang out with me, but you turned me down, and I'm sick of you playing games with my mind.
Just TELL me if you're not interested so I can go back to hating your guts because honestly this is a lot harder for me to deal with.

Sincerely,
Lo.
>>
>>18170611
Okay it's not me.

If you were to stop messaging him would he reinitiate the Congo?
>>
>>18170614
Nope.
He's gone for days without messaging me. Honestly.
I could bring up a really interesting conversational starter, and he'll take it nowhere. He never reciprocates the conversation. I'll ask him questions, sometimes if I'm witty he'll open like a floodgate but once he's closed, he's done. And he never asks me about shit... He just doesn't make an effort to keep a conversation rolling.

The way I put it makes it seem obvious he's not into me but he's called me 'babe' before, he's sent me 'X's when I say goodnight, and I just hate it. I want to ask him about it, but he's really emotionally detached and shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.