[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

borderline personality disorder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: thinking_template.gif (24KB, 350x340px) Image search: [Google]
thinking_template.gif
24KB, 350x340px
i started talking to this girl recently that i'm into, and she told me she was diagnosed with bpd years ago but has it under control. my question is: what is bpd like? how does it manifest itself? i could go to webmd i know, but I'd like to hear from people who have/had it.
>>
>>18170025
date her and find out
>>
>>18170034
not falling for that again
>>
>>18170025
Bipolar-Lite.
Its fucking horrendous to date someone with this.
Tried it.
Save yourself.
She may be wonderful now but mine operated on a six month cycle. Great half the year....
Your choice anon.
>>
I have bpd. I'd be cautious about her saying she has it under control, I say that a lot, its not even lying its just at that moment I do feel like I have it under control. Being out of a relationship is a lot different for how we act than when we are in one too. She may be fine and is actually functioning well, however when she enters the relationship and it might take a bit, her bpd may show its true colors...since the whole thing with bpd is that we fear abandonment and we only really feel that abandonment when we're in a relationship, that might just be me though because I have heard of bpd fearing abandonment with all people.

I'd check to see if she is in therapy though or if she has been in it and for how long because bpd rarely goes away without it and it usually takes a couple years for the symptoms to really be under control. If she's acting kinda clingy from the start you might want to take that as a red flag that its only going to get worse.
>>
>>18170183
>>18170144

Shit, thanks for the insight guys
>>
>>18170144

Seconding this. Seen my uncle go through something similar, and I lived with a girl who clearly had it for about 5 years.

Mine began like something out of a cheesy movie.

It ended with her lying, cheating, and fighting about the dumbest shit imaginable. She tried to hit me (I ended that immediately), made me feel terrible about myself, and accused me of stuff that she was actually doing behind my back.

The grand finale involved her getting drunk with some of her friends (who hated me) and driving the car I purchased for her into a parked car at 5am.

Run.
>>
>>18170144
>borderline personality disorder
>Bipolar-Lite

The comparison to bipolar, that always get paraded around here is retarded. Bipolar is all about energy levels during a cycling of episodes - high and low. That is with lithium, sleep and taking care of yourself the bipolar person is normal, and only fucked during episodes.

BPD is a personality disorder. You can't take any medication that will directly help. Your problems are ingrained in your person, and your lack of being able to handle interpersonal relationships - something that is not a symptom of bipolar at all.

I'll take bipolar over borderline. One is having unreliable energy levels, the other is a manipulating shithead.
>>
>>18171042
>driving the car i purchased for her
i swear if this isnt a bait post you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>18171055

I was/am an idiot.

I still don't understand why I did the things I did back then. I think because I was inexperienced and had convinced myself I was in love, I was willing to essentially be a white-knight doormat.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.